• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old News - Nidal gets the Needle

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    And good riddance I say.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    FORT HOOD, Texas — Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist convicted in the November 2009 shooting rampage that left 13 dead and 31 wounded, was sentenced to death Wednesday by a military jury.

Prosecutors had sought the death penalty, saying Hasan's murderous rampage at the sprawling military base here left tragic and devastating loss for victims and loved ones.

Hasan, 42, was convicted last week on 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 charges of attempted premeditated murder. He appeared expressionless upon hearing the verdict, which came less than two hours of deliberations.

The death sentence required a unanimous verdict by the jury of 13 military officers. At minimum, Hasan faced life imprisonment. Still, while Hasan could be the first serviceman executed by the military since 1961, the appellate process could take years.

Before an execution date is set, there will be automatic appeals at military courts for the Army and the armed forces, said Victor Hansen, a military law expert at the New England School of Law. Hasan could also ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review his case and file motions in federal court. Moreover, the president must eventually sign off on a military death sentence, which would be carried out by lethal injection.

Family members of Hasan's victims supported the sentence.

"Today a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders," said Joleen Cahill, whose husband, Michael Cahill, had retired from the military and was working as a civilian employee at Fort Hood. He was killed when he tried to subdue Hasan. "The (jury) gave him justice and I agree with that justice."

In seeking capital punishment, lead prosecutor Col. Mike Mulligan earlier recounted each emotional and powerful story of victims whose lives were cut short.

"There's a price to be paid for the mass murder he perpetrated on 5 November -- for the lives he horrifically changed and for the pain and sorrow he wrought," Mulligan said.

"These murderous attacks left enormous carnage: 13 dead, eight widows. One widower. 12 minor children without a father, 18 parents lost children. 30 soldiers wounded. One civilian police officer. Their loss, each family -- tragic, difficult and different. For some, death was almost instantaneous. So quick, so lethal they never moved from their chair," Mulligan said.

Hasan, a Virginia-born Muslim who acted as his own attorney, admitted he was responsible for the shootings at his trial. He had previously said he was a "soldier of Allah,'' deserved martyrdom and that his attack was designed to protect Muslim insurgents abroad.

But in seeking the death penalty, Mulligan dismissed Hasan's intent.

"This is his debt to society. It is not a charitable act. He is not now and never will be a martyr. He is a criminal. He is a cold blooded murderer. On 5 November, he did not leave this earth. He remained to pay a price. He remained to pay a debt. The debt he owes is his life,'' Mulligan said.

Hasan did not address the jury.

"I have no closing statement,'' said Hasan, who remains paralyzed from the waist down after he was wounded in an exchange of gunfire with a civilian police officer during the 2009 base shootings.

Mulligan said earlier that while Hasan's acts were religiously motivated, jurors shouldn't punish him for being a Muslim.

"History is replete with death in the name of religion. The acts of 5 November were religiously motivated. You should not punish him for his religion,'' Mulligan told jurors. "You should punish him for his hate. You should punish him for the action he took in the name of his religion, not for his religion."

As I said elsewhere, never mind the needle. 500 rounds of .22lr to each member of the firing squad, and lets make it a "slow race".

Salami-Salami-Baloney...... Pork Chop!

i'd choose the 5.7 x 25 instead of the .22 but keep the round count at 500.

He hasn't got it yet. Lets hope it doesn't take 20 years. I don't know how military prison works. But A: i hope to hell it happens tomorrow. B: if not i hope he gets beat to with in 1 inch of his life every damn day until it does happen.

Too bad TX didn't have jurisdiction, in the words of Ron White "We'll kill ya back and we have an express lane".

Nope i am not fucking kidding. I don't know what SHU is and I truly don't give a flying fuck. He should suffer like very few have for all time. I get pissed when this is/was not considered a terrorist attack. Coward mother fucker should hurt for along mother fucking time. Send the FBI, CIA, local sheriff i don"t give 2 shits i will tell them all the same.
    i am no hero nor martyr but i will not stand silent in my total fucking hate for this worthless piece of shit. It makes no difference to me if he worships Alah, god, Jesus or Santa fucking Claus he is a total waste of atoms to me.

On 2nd thought, ah fuck it i agree with myself

And most of us here, agree as well. But only after years of hard penis, and broomstick, rammed up his miserable ass. W/O Vaseline.

Bacon, everyday bacon, morning, noon and night bacon, and on the last day more bacon.

As I have said in other similar cases, there should be a raffle for spots on the firing squad, with proceeds going to victims' families. I'd buy a few tickets for $100 each for a chance to be on the line for this shit stain. And yes, 22 solids, so they rattle around inside his sorry ass like BBs in a beer can.

While he waits out all of the appeals he should be in a cell with the heat turned way down and given only a pig skip blanket to keep anywhere close to warm.

Y'all must be gittin' old there's got to be mo'bettah ways to prolong his misery at less cost to the taxpayer.

I wish this country would adopt the Saudi justice. A single swipe with a scimitar to the back of the neck is way cheaper than keeping someone alive on death row for 15-20 years.

The headline is a little anticlimactic. I was kind of hoping for today!

I guess i am just in a "mood" when it comes to this. I have some more comments but i first MUST say i 100% do NOT condone hate, based on what the hell ever it may be based upon. Religion, sexual orientation, race , being born with 4 fingers.
    With that it would do my heart good to see the muslim community step up and support the death sentence. His actions hurt them as well. It would seem from what i read that the muslim community (outside USA at least) would not hesitate for 1 second to get "retribution" or justice as this may be. This idea i dont believe is hate based on my part but seems logical to me. If a black person kills someone do we not all agree that person should suffer regardless of if he is black. I would hope (although doesn't seem to be the case) that the black community would see that the persons actions hurt them as a group more than can probably be measured.
    the same goes for muslims in this particular case.
    DISCLAIMER!! I used the black example for just that an EXAMPLE!!!!!

Last edited:
    At least he is housed on Death Row. Death Row is located in an isolated corridor away from other inmates.

He should be made to argue the merits of islam with ArmyJerry on this forum. Endless suffering for him, enormous entertainment for us. It's a win...

On a serious note, I'd rather deny him the one thing he truly wants - martyrdom. Keep him alive, miserably, but alive. And never have his name mentioned or his image broadcasted.

He should be made to argue the merits of islam with ArmyJerry on this forum. Endless suffering for him, enormous entertainment for us. It's a win...

On a serious note, I'd rather deny him the one thing he truly wants - martyrdom. Keep him alive, miserably, but alive. And never have his name mentioned or his image broadcasted.

Nah.

I can understand the argument of keeping him from his martyrdom but we have spent enough on him. Another 40 years of three meals a day, housing and medical care sucks.

Just so you know its not a money thing, Lets have a senior lottery tied to his death. The winner gets the food, housing a medical care we would have wasted on him.

The sooner he dies the sooner he discovers there are no virgins waiting for him.

PS - and while he is alive.....

None of those Liberator Medical "polished catheters" they advertise on TV. Those things sound so comfy I kind of want to get a pack to just try out the "polished" feature.

Id have Liberator commission a custom "Barbed" catheter specifically to treat Hasan's paralyzed bladder..

There should be no death penalty as is known in today's world, think out of the box!

They all should go to the Dismemberment Table so the parts can be used for those who have proven to be human but drew the short straw in life. Throwing away the chance to help others is a slap at humanity in general.

There should be no death penalty as is known in today's world, think out of the box!

They all should go to the Dismemberment Table so the parts can be used for those who have proven to be human but drew the short straw in life. Throwing away the chance to help others is a slap at humanity in general.

Great idea. then the unusable leftovers can be hog feed.