• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old Weaver T-16 value/ worth buying?

S12A

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Australia
I'im thinking about buying a Weaver T-16 , the seller wants roughly $340 USD for it, its the older scope made in the USA with Microtrac target turrets and an adjustable objective, appears to be in really good condition, could be nice on a period correct M40 style build maybe?
I have no experience with them so any guidance appreciated

A Weaver T-10 from the very late 1970s was used by a particular USMC Recon unit on early M40A1s. (Can't recall which Recon unit at the moment)
A T-16 is not correct per se for an M40A1 replica. Here's the nice example with correct T-10 and smear stock I see at Quantico from time to time.
Some of my shooting buddies greatly prefer the T-10 over the Unertl for vintage matches at 600/800/1000 yds given the precision of turret clicks.
Ed_Land_M40A1.jpg

$340 seems high to me, unless there is some collector value I'm not aware of.
T24s and T36s go for $300-350, 10s and 16s less IME.

No worries. We do pay more in Australia in general just due to lack of volume and prices just being higher in general.

Not so much thinking a replica more of an inspired build. But if it’s not worth it I’ll pass. Thanks for the replies so far!