• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes old weaver

Re: old weaver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tasers Hurt!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have an old weaver v12-II micro-trac that has been on a deer rifle of mine forever. Has a steel 1" tube and adjustable objective but i cant find out any info on it. would be curious as to the history of it and what its worth
</div></div>

Your V12 II isn't really too old! The original V12 was manufactured by Weaver in their El Paso Texas plant from 1968 to 1984. In 1984 Weaver was in financial trouble. They closed the doors on the factory and put the company up for sale. In 1988 Omark/Speer bought what was left of the company and started manufacturing Weaver scopes, but instituted many changes. The original Weavers were made of steel. IIRC, (and I could be mistaken) the Series II scopes were made from aluminum. I'm not so sure, but I believe that Omark/Speer had them manufactured overseas. The Micro-Track adjustment system was borrowed from the old Weaver T-series target scopes and is a great improvement on the previous design. I have no idea on the value of your scope as so much depends on condition. The older Weaver V12 scopes have been going for around $100 locally, with pristine versions selling for as much as $150. I have a feeling that your Series II V12 wouldn't sell for as much, but I've been wrong before
wink.gif