• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB Older Investment Firearms

Wanting To Buy

TheHebrewHammer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
I have enough cool toys, I am looking for some investment level firearms. I like unique stuff and military surplus. I am in my 20's and would like something to put away and take care of for around 40 years. I currently have a FN-49 collection, Colt Python, all matching K98k, factory SBR PS90, and FS2000. Everything else I have, I shoot a lot. I don't have a price limit and I know I will have to pay asking price in the current market. I am looking at throwing in some offers on a SVD and Galil Galantz Sniper package. Shoot me a PM or respond on here.

I have an old school pump or two....

hebrew-hammer-2.jpeg

Oy!

Sirhr

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
I have an uncatalogued "in the white" unfinished bare metal Winchester model 73 in mint condition. These were made on contract for a museum and the contract was terminated.

The rifle features high grade highly figured walnut furniture and it it can be engraved or left as is (a blank canvas) to mature and ripen.

There is no tang safety. This is a true '73.

44-40

$4000 shipped and insured to your FFL.

It's so shiny it's hard to get good pictures.

PXL_20210927_2041048802.jpg
PXL_20210927_204133313~2.jpg

Last edited:
I have an uncatalogued "in the white" unfinished bare metal Winchester model 73 in mint condition. These were made on contract for a museum and the contract was terminated.

The rifle features high grade highly figured walnut walnut furniture and it it can be engraved or left as is (a blank canvas) to mature and ripen.

44-40

View attachment 7734016View attachment 7734014
Wow…

April 14,1920 LC Smith Featherweight Ideal Grade 16 ga.

I got the gun in a trade, so I do not have the possession history on it.
The furniture is either museum quality or it has been replaced (likely), and done very well.
The beavertail forearm is a rare custom upgrade. Whether it was original to the order or changed when refurnished or refinished is unknown.
The gun is very tight and fires and functions flawlessly.
The right barrel appears to have some kind of a repair done at some point, but it has not affected function or performance in its limited use with me. (See last pic)
The "London Fluid Steel barrels are NOT Damascus.
915 were made in this configuration. A research certificate from the LC Smith Collectors Association will accompany the gun.

$3200 shipped and insured to your FFL

10 - QklMQP9.jpg

11 - zjD0zAW.jpg

09 - qUTNARc.jpg

14 - n8PwA1f.jpg

15 - DwI2mMZ.jpg

01 - JaeZKQc.jpg

Gorgeous guns but I am looking for military related Firearms mostly, or very unique stuff. I have my eyes on the C93 coming up at RIA next month. That kind of stuff.

Reactions: VA-Varminter
I have enough cool toys, I am looking for some investment level firearms. I like unique stuff and military surplus. I am in my 20's and would like something to put away and take care of for around 40 years. I currently have a FN-49 collection, Colt Python, all matching K98k, factory SBR PS90, and FS2000. Everything else I have, I shoot a lot. I don't have a price limit and I know I will have to pay asking price in the current market. I am looking at throwing in some offers on a SVD and Galil Galantz Sniper package. Shoot me a PM or respond on here.
I have 300 plus guns for sale. Send me your email address in a PM and include what you are interested in and I will send you a list.

The rifle features high grade highly figured walnut furniture and it it can be engraved or left as is (a blank canvas) to mature and ripen.

44-40

View attachment 7734016View attachment 7734014
That thing would look awesome in a nice Cerekote finish!! 😍😍😍

I would advise anything from Veitnam up to the recent Afghan war. If you look at milsurp weapons there is a life cycle of collectivness. It is 2 generations removed from the conflict. Basically whatever war the parents of the current middle aged populace served in will be at peak collectibility.

Reactions: ViperACR
Very different categories

Classic/ vintage

Classic/vintage and worth something

Classic/vintage worth something and appreciate

As can be imagined the last category is the one your after.

Initial comment is the person selling has a better idea of the market than you do.

And keep in mind worth is time phased.

Current investment car business…used to be hot rods and 30-40’s cars, now it muscle cars…the current market was born in a different era than the previous market.

Just look at the custom bike business as well. Idiots paying 150k for a poorly tuned HD…20 years later they are worth 20-30k if they haven’t fallen apart.

Baseball cards…the list goes on

Very different categories

Classic/ vintage

Classic/vintage and worth something

Classic/vintage worth something and appreciate

As can be imagined the last category is the one your after.

Initial comment is the person selling has a better idea of the market than you do.

And keep in mind worth is time phased.

Current investment car business…used to be hot rods and 30-40’s cars, now it muscle cars…the current market was born in a different era than the previous market.

Just look at the custom bike business as well. Idiots paying 150k for a poorly tuned HD…20 years later they are worth 20-30k if they haven’t fallen apart.

Baseball cards…the list goes on
i do like seeing what my safe full of older remingtons have increased in value.

In my short experience, I have never seen a milsurp gun drop in value. Currently on my to get list are all matching and correct:
SVT-40
G-43 or K-43
1941 Johnson
1897 Trench Gun
C93 Borchardt
Colt 1900 and 1902
Colt Snake guns
FAL G-Series

@TheHebrewHammer

No you don't. You said nothing to sirhr about it. Just because a gun is mentioned in the thread you started does NOT mean you have dibs on it.

If you want to have dibs, the hide standard is that the first to post "I'll take it." in good faith has dibs. You are relatively new here. Your attitude in your previous post won't get you far here. Now you are informed. Please be polite.

@TheHebrewHammer

No you don't. You said nothing to sirhr about it. Just because a gun is mentioned in the thread you started does NOT mean you have dibs on it.

If you want to have dibs, the hide standard is that the first to post "I'll take it." in good faith has dibs. You are relatively new here. Your attitude in your previous post won't get you far here. Now you are informed. Please be polite.
In order to settle this argument, it's only fair that the 1919 should be sold to someone totally not involved in the argument.
Me. :)

i do like seeing what my safe full of older remingtons have increased in value.
if they arent appreciating at 5-7% a year your loosing money compared to a triple tax free bond or just a S&P fund

If your getting 5-7% a year on anything, please PM me on what the hell it is!

i guess you know about gunboards.com. if not,THE milsurp collectors place. great start. a really all matched 98k? FN49 collection-very cool. do you have an argentine? i know of 1 in a pawn shop in naples FL. BIG$,they know what it's worth. have a friend with a 400+ collection of mostly contract mausers. he says he may start selling next year (sooner?) maybe. if you want i can see if he would be OK with a contact and can make it happen. LMK.

@mosin46 if he is looking to offload ALL of his mosins (for a bulk price) I'd be interested. The K98 is a true all matching with no import mark (down to the screw) in excellent condition. Picked it up at a random gun show in Roswell, NM years ago. The only FN-49s I am missing is the ABL code Belgian, Columbian, Congo, and Indonesia. Unfortunately there are less than 5 known Indonesian in the US and none know Congolese. It is also difficult to find an all matching and correct Columbian regardless of the price.

I decided to pickup a couple more snake guns, a hakim, a Lunjman (or however tf you spell it), and a hakim. Got my eye on a Johnson 1941 now.