• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oly K16 anyone

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Fellas some of you may have read some of my post about me getting a nice coyote rig for the fall season. I like bolt guns more than AR's but i havent ruled out an AR just yet either. I see i can buy a new Oly K16 varmint for 650 bucks. How are these rifles? I know Oly makes dam fine barrels but thats about it. The K16 is a 16" varmint rifle. whats the scoop? Anyone here shooting one? I thought about putting a FIRSH hand guard on it so i could run a light system for night hunting! Lee

Re: Oly K16 anyone

As far as the barrels, I have heard from one guy who turns their blanks they can foul a lot, that sometimes you can get one that is off and doesn't shoot, and it has a very tight .223 chamber (not for 5.56 mm ammo). Heard they were very accurate and if you go onto the OLY ARMS website, you can get a lot of opinions from guys who own and shoot them everyday. Never bought one myself, but this source had a lot of experience and assisting me with my AR decision. I elected to do my own build with a SS match barrel and went with Wylde chamber which is a good compromise between if you want both reliability and accuracy, and not just one or other.

Re: Oly K16 anyone

Personally, I have had a couple of their SUM barrels and a couple of their standard barrels. I never had good luck with the SUM barrels but the standard barrels shot great for me.