• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Omega anchor brake and kgm recoil reduction

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
I’ve had my omega forever and it does a surprisingly good job at reducing recoil with the anchor brake compared to the flat end cap on a 300wm.

Anyone here with an omega/anchor brake and a kgm can that can speak to the recoil reduction between the two? Will an R30K reduce recoil more then the standard length or XL being shorter with more gas making it out the end faster? I’m not interested in a maverick, thanks guys.

Maverick is leaps and bounds better than both Omega and KGM in terms of recoil mitigation. Like, not even close.

KGM is slightly better than Omega, but not as much as you’d think. I have the standard R30 and it’s more directional control, not so much total impulse reduction. Driving the KGM harder (ie increasing pressure/gas) does help it perform better, but I think you’d be better off with R30 or XL for 300wm instead of the K series unless you’re concerned about weight/maneuverability as well.

All 3 have different feels so it’s hard to quantify. But again, Maverick is best in terms of total recoil mitigation, KGM offers a little more tune-ability than Omega/TBAC/etc but not so much in terms of felt recoil. Hopefully that makes sense.

Maverick is leaps and bounds better than both Omega and KGM in terms of recoil mitigation. Like, not even close.

KGM is slightly better than Omega, but not as much as you’d think. I have the standard R30 and it’s more directional control, not so much total impulse reduction. Driving the KGM harder (ie increasing pressure/gas) does help it perform better, but I think you’d be better off with R30 or XL for 300wm instead of the K series unless you’re concerned about weight/maneuverability as well.

All 3 have different feels so it’s hard to quantify. But again, Maverick is best in terms of total recoil mitigation, KGM offers a little more tune-ability than Omega/TBAC/etc but not so much in terms of felt recoil. Hopefully that makes sense.

I don’t compete so all my shooting is hunting and target, my dominus and Helios qd ti are my main hunting cans and I doubt that will change so really just looking for another range suppressor. If the xl does as good a job at reducing recoil as the regular and K then that would probably be the way to go, unless I decided to use it on an AR10 but I have a Hyperion K for that.

I've noticed the same with the Omega anchor brake on .308. It's noticeable and appreciated. Don't mind the extra length for it.

I've noticed the same with the Omega anchor brake on .308. It's noticeable and appreciated. Don't mind the extra length for it.

Yea I’m actually switching back from the flat end cap to the anchor brake, 1” longer but the same weight it’s worth what it offers