• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Omni VII or Omni VIII

Re: Omni VII or Omni VIII

Omni VII will have higher "min specs" on paper. That said could buy a screamer omni VIII that has higher spec than the min spec omni VII. Don't you just love that fact
crazy.gif

The last two Omni 8 mil-spec tubes I bought were Clean screen FOV, 72lp/28SN to 29SN/.3/.5 EBI .7 halo but Photo Sens was below the 2200 omni VII min spec. So other than photo they could have been omni VII tubes spec wise and are great performing tubes.

The ITT "mil-spec" systems you see sold by everyone ( we also sell these) come from Arora tactical. They are NOT OMNI VII! The OMNI VII tubes are not commercially available. OMNI VIII tubes from L-3 are commercially available at this time. We have hand select units in stock.

Let's get some facts out here shall we. This is not a debate either. We know what is sold with the AN kits.
smile.gif

This kit we sell IS IN FACT A TRUE ITT MIL-SPEC OMNI 7 contract. These are the true AN PVS-14 SFK. http://tnvc.com/shop/anpvs-14-milspec-gen3-pinnacle-special-forces-kit/ Folks who REALLY sell these would know and Aurora Tactical knows as well and will tell you the same thing, these units were built under a real Omni 7 Mil-Spec Air Force contract. They are an honest company who have nothing to hide.

To the OP, give us a call or email on these kits. We also have the Omni 8 L3 available as well.

<OUT>

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's get some facts out here shall we. This is not a debate either. We know what is sold with the AN kits.
smile.gif

This kit we sell IS IN FACT A TRUE ITT MIL-SPEC OMNI 7 contract. These are the true AN PVS-14 SFK. http://tnvc.com/shop/anpvs-14-milspec-gen3-pinnacle-special-forces-kit/ Folks who REALLY sell these would know and Aurora Tactical knows as well and will tell you the same thing, these units were built under a real Omni 7 Mil-Spec Air Force contract. They are an honest company who have nothing to hide.

To the OP, give us a call or email on these kits. We also have the Omni 8 L3 available as well.

<OUT>

Vic </div></div>

It's really very simple, I'll try and break down how the Internet dog and pony show goes.

If you look at some third tier internet resellers ad for these so called "special forces kits," that are really just Standard Issue kits (been a while since ANY REAL S.F. unit used PASGT Helmet plates) they mention OMNI VII BUT NEVER SAY IT IS OMNI VII. This leaves you thinking it is, but alas, calling a System containing an ITT F9815-DTG2 (which is What Aurora bought from NVS in a NON ITT sanctioned sale) Does not make, an OMNI VII TUBE. 

On your marks get set, BANG! and the dog and pony show is off and running.

Another example would be when companies advertise D-740's as having L-3 tubes when in fact they have AEO/ANV re-poted tubes and come with "Litton" data sheets. By the way Litton hasn't manufactured Electro Optics since, what, 2008?

And the Dog and pony show is now on the back stretch at full speed.

My favorite recent example is trying to convince customers that a "Commercial spec" system is built using new OMNI VIII L-3 components. This ad has changed several times. Originally it was built in a L-3 factory authorized facility. I see that is gone now. 

Dog and pony show headed around the club house turn.

If you look up the SFK on Aurora Tactical's site you will notice no mention of OMNI VII, only that it is mil spec. They also have a 20th anniversary special at a great price! They only say it is gen 3 autogated US MADE. Note they aren't making any fantasy land claims. Very accurate, very professional!

I'll stop here because if I go on and post an "exception" letter or two from ITT about how the DTG-2 tube "meets or exceeds military standards." OR about how "The monocular is manufactured and functionally tested at the same facility and to the same processes as "LIKE" items delivered to the U.S. Military" or the whole history of how they came to be for sale to Civilians. There will be innocent companies embarrassed along with the lathered up dog and pony show crowd, and that's just not fair. Besides and this is the important part! These systems are a good value, for a 2007 vintage unit that went out of factory warranty in 2009 and good systems even though they are NOT an Actual 9815YG OMNI VII tubed unit.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I wonder if Mike at CS remembers all of this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunter- MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's get some facts out here shall we. This is not a debate either. We know what is sold with the AN kits.
smile.gif

<OUT>

Vic </div></div>

It's really very simple, I'll try and break down how the Internet dog and pony show goes.

If you look at some third tier internet resellers add for these so called "special forces kits," that are really just Standard Issue kits (been a while since ANY REAL S.F. unit used PASGT Helmet plates) they mention OMNI VII BUT NEVER SAY IT IS OMNI VII. This leaves you thinking it is, but alas, calling a System containing an ITT F9815-DTG2 (which is What Aurora bought from NVS in a NON ITT sanctioned sale) Does not make, an OMNI VII TUBE. 

Another example would be when companies advertise D-740's as having L-3 tubes when in fact they have AEO/ANV re-poted tubes and come with "Litton" data sheets. By the way Litton hasn't manufactured Electro Optics since, what, 2008?

My favorite recent example is trying to convince customers that a "Commercial spec" system is built using new OMNI VIII L-3 components. This ad has changed several times. Originally it was built in a L-3 factory authorized facility. I see that is gone now. 

If you look up the SFK on Aurora Tactical's site you will notice no mention of OMNI VII, only that it is mil spec. They also have a 20th anniversary special at a great price! They only say it is gen 3 autogated US MADE. Note they aren't making any fantasy land claims. Very accurate, very professional!

I'll stop here because if I go on and post an "exception" letter or two from ITT about how the DTG-2 tube "meets or exceeds military standards." OR about how "The monocular is manufactured and functionally tested at the same facility and to the same processes as "LIKE" items delivered to the U.S. Military" or the whole history of how they came to be for sale to Civilians. There will be innocent companies embarrassed along with the lathered up dog and pony show crowd, and that's just not fair. Besides and this is the important part! These systems are a good value, for a 2007 vintage unit that went out of factory warranty in 2009 and good systems even though they are NOT an Actual 9815YG OMNI VII tubed unit.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I wonder if Mike at CS remembers all of this?

</div></div>

Careful Hunter, this forum does not need the real Dog and Pony Show, believe me. We have it all so why don't you leave it at the door. I know you're shills will all show up here saying this or that.

Commercial Spec tubes are indeed from L3 components and maybe you need to once again make the phone calls like you did with the SFK kits this morning...See Below

You called enough people last night and this morning trying to purchase these SFK kits since you told everyone you actually sell them in your above post but you have not. Contact Aurora direct, you might have better luck going direct to Aurora and getting the truth instead throwing a decent company down instead of claiming what you hear. Throwing all companies down that you cant get kit from is the M.O. . Aurora has been around a LOT longer than you and great admiration from thousands...

The "Tier Dealer" stuff is also getting old and I'll also stop here too as it will not play well with the terrible and insulting letters we have from memory lane. How many more companies are you trying to tear down except for your special 3? Guess all that despicable stuff is ok we have sitting here in a pile. Nuff said....We're done with the nonsense it never has stops at tearing so many down. Give it a rest, the community deserves better and we strive to give them the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunter- MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's get some facts out here shall we. This is not a debate either. We know what is sold with the AN kits.
smile.gif

<OUT>

Vic </div></div>

If you look at some third tier internet resellers add for these so called "special forces kits," that are really just Standard Issue kits (been a while since ANY REAL S.F. unit used PASGT Helmet plates) they mention OMNI VII BUT NEVER SAY IT IS OMNI VII. This leaves you thinking it is, but alas, calling a System containing an ITT F9815-DTG2 (which is What Aurora bought from NVS in a NON ITT sanctioned sale) Does not make, an OMNI VII TUBE. 

</div></div>

Careful Hunter, this forum does not need the real Dog and Pony Show, believe me. We have it all so why don't you leave it at the door. I know you're shills will all show up here saying this or that.

Commercial Spec tubes are indeed from L3 components and maybe you need to once again make the phone calls like you did with the SFK kits this morning...See Below

You called enough people last night and this morning trying to purchase these SFK kits since you told everyone you actually sell them in your above post but you have not. Contact Aurora direct, you might have better luck going direct to Aurora and getting the truth instead throwing a decent company down instead of claiming what you hear. Throwing all companies down that you cant get kit from is the M.O. . Aurora has been around a LOT longer than you and great admiration from thousands...

The "Tier Dealer" stuff is also getting old and I'll also stop here too as it will not play well with the terrible and insulting letters we have from memory lane. How many more companies are you trying to tear down except for your special 3? Guess all that despicable stuff is ok we have sitting here in a pile. Nuff said....We're done with the nonsense it never has stops at tearing so many down. </div></div>
?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunter- MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stand by what I've said in the above posts <span style="font-weight: bold">and by that letter</span>. </div></div>

We know. Thank you for the confirmation, our staff of Vets are all Tier nothings. Check.

Vic Di Cosola

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunter- MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stand by what I've said in the above posts <span style="font-weight: bold">and by that letter</span>. </div></div>

We know. Thank you for the confirmation, our staff of Vets are all Tier nothings. Check.

Vic Di Cosola </div></div>

You're the one saying that, I've never made comments about Vets or your staff. Your the ONLY ONE offended by what I wrote to you in that letter that was for "your eyes only" as a suggestion to help you out. You seem to carry it around in your pocket and act like it's a Puple Heart wound that you suffer from. If you want everyone to see what a victim you truly are I can post it, or perhaps you should.

To the OP, your question to the pros and cons of the OMNI VII OR OMN VIII is almost a mote point. As either OMNIBUS contract tube with high specs and no screen defects (image clean) will give you stellar performance.