• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

On off switchblock for subsonic suppressed blackout

rifleman1981

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
nw oklahoma
I know there are a lot of adjustable gas blocks out there but I’m looking for something specific. Anybody make a gas block that will go from full open to off? I want the ability to go from semi auto with subs to a manually operated bolt action for less noise if need be. Anyone know of anything that can be finger adjusted without any tools in the field that’s available?

Micromoa Govnah is no longer in production, but had a model with a 2 position switch plate that you could configure for off/full. Strike Ind. CAGB has a 5 position + off, but if it's under a handguard you would need something to fit through a handguard opening to rotate the collar. Noveske Switchblock 3 position and the Riflespeed might work, but I don't know if their max setting is big enough for a 300BO sub. Each would have handguard length/barrel length considerations.

I know there are a lot of adjustable gas blocks out there but I’m looking for something specific. Anybody make a gas block that will go from full open to off? I want the ability to go from semi auto with subs to a manually operated bolt action for less noise if need be. Anyone know of anything that can be finger adjusted without any tools in the field that’s available?

Noveske switchblock.

It had a "unsuppressed", "suppressed" and off.

Would probably work well for supers in "suppressed", subs in "unsuppressed" and off for what you're asking.

Reactions: LilGucci
Strike industries has one with finger turnable settings to include an “off” or closed

Now, getting to the switchblock might be interesting

As previously recommended the riflespeed is fantastic for this purpose. I am not sure if there is actually a legitimately "off" position. From their faq

"Riflespeed Gas Controls are fully modular and can be set up to provide full restriction (non-cycling/off) or complete function with any cartridge or configuration. We offer many Plunger options to accomplish the configuration you wish to use. Each Gas Control comes with two different size Plungers that cover a wide range of performance for most popular cartridges."

I'm not sure if it's legitimately off or just not cycling the bolt.

Now, getting to the switchblock might be interesting

As previously recommended the riflespeed is fantastic for this purpose. I am not sure if there is actually a legitimately "off" position. From their faq

"Riflespeed Gas Controls are fully modular and can be set up to provide full restriction (non-cycling/off) or complete function with any cartridge or configuration. We offer many Plunger options to accomplish the configuration you wish to use. Each Gas Control comes with two different size Plungers that cover a wide range of performance for most popular cartridges."

I'm not sure if it's legitimately off or just not cycling the bolt.
Currently have one of these on my 300 blackout. It depends on what plunger you have in there. With the longer plungers, you can close off the gas completely. I have an 8.5" barrel on mine and I can't currently run subs except in one shot configuration. I think it has more to do with the Law Tactical folder and the extension adapter adding weight to the BCG. Need to change my buffer weight and see if that'll make a difference.

I went with the shortest plunger and I'm on #2 for supers and there is no setting, first or second rotation, that'll cycle with the subsonic round I was using at the time.

Reactions: bfoosh006
I’ve also used bootleg suppressed carriers as well. You’re right they don’t have an off setting. Just suppressed and unsuppressed.