• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Once Upon a Time in the West

MLC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2004
Solebury, PA
Being a 30 something I missed this film in its theater runs.
I finally sat down and watched this epic western last week and cannot recommend it enough.
The sets, locations and scenery are superb.
The characters are great and the acting and editing blow nearly all recent dude films out of the water.
If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and check it out.

Re: Once Upon a Time in the West

A true Myth, like Once Upon a Time in America.

Once upon a time in the west has to be one of my all time favourite westerns. It's funny how the Italians managed to make some really good western classics.

(edited)

Once you've seen, "Once Upon a Time in the West," you need to watch a little known Tom Berenger movie called, "Rustlers Rhapsody." Made in 1985, this is a combination spoof of "B" Westerns, Spaghetti Westerns and modern day political correctness.

BTW, Andy Griffith (remember Sheriff Andy Taylor) plays a bad guy. A rich cattle baron.

The whole movie is hilarious but the scene where half a dozen sharpshooters(?) shoot at our hero from about a 100 yards away and they can't him for nothing and then blame it on crosswinds, conditions, etc. etc. is priceless. (almost like being at the range). Then our hero shoots the rifles out of their hands at the same distance....with a .45 Peacemaker.

Sorry to get off topic but if you can find it, watch it. Will be time well spent.

Henry Fonda... always the white hat... played the BEST villian in that movie.

It's my favorite Western... everything about it is just perfect. Sergio Leone's Masterpiece.

The effort that went into the single 'pullback' scene showing the town from the station was incredible.

Brilliant Western.

Cheers, Sirhr