• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing one disciplined 11 year old...

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
A man offered my little 11 year old friend Andrew $5 a head to "deal with" his groundhog problem.

Andrew talked his dad into dropping him off with his trusty 77/22. Andrew was in a hide alone all day today overwatching a barn. He did not move from his position until he had assassinated the whole family. I think He's got Mafia potential.. I'm proud of my little buddy.
downsized950522002001.jpg

Re: one disciplined 11 year old...

Off to a good start! That's really something to be proud of, Pops! I'm sure he regaled you with all the shot specifics that night.
smile.gif

nice to see a young man that doest play video games all day. good parenting

Hurry before it's $5 a head

$5.00 to sit there all day!? I hope they at least fed him well for his hard work.

I am going to be working early mornings for a large horse farm here in KY eliminating some coyotes that are harassing the big money race horses! Should be fun, they are paying me by the hour AND all expenses paid for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$5.00 to sit there all day!? I hope they at least fed him well for his hard work.

</div></div>

that's $25.00 worth of lunch sitting right there!
sick.gif

nice job and great training for the bigger stuff.

Update:

#6, the big male/dad, crawled back in the hole on him. The gracious property owners paid on the crawl off too, as well as a $10 bonus. $40 is not bad income for a 11 year old hanging out with a rifle all day!

He, when had a profile shot drilled them in one ear, and out the other. That's my little buddy for ya...

They have asked him now if he fixed pond turtles too.....

Now that's a great summer vacation job! Good for him and the parents that let him do it.

I grew up shooting pond turtles on my grandpa's farm....fun,fun,fun

Youngster should hire himself out for the summer..Great Job !! Good to see SOME of the younger crowd getting raised right.

That's fantastic! My aunt used to pay me to help as a gofor at her grocery/veggie stand on their farm when I was about his age. On slow days I got to stalk 4 legged profit eaters with my recurve, no rifle though since there were a couple of small houses within 250yd of their small farm.

The sad part is he's killed 6x's the g'hogs that I have this year... LOL

Yep, I'm
smile.gif
after reading this post. Way to go, young fella!

Good to see some youth that ain't eat up with laziness. He worked hard for that money.

Tresmon
He needs a silencer for the turtles.

We shot them the other day. Usually the first shot and they all slide back into the water. Not now. From about 70 yards prone with match grade ammo out of a Savage MkII with my form1 silencer we shot about 20 turtles. On one log we shot four, starting with the one in back so the others did not see. All but one stayed on the log headshot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> On one log we shot four, starting with the one in back so the others did not see. All but one stayed on the log headshot.
</div></div>

Isn't that the "Sgt. York" method? Worked on turkeys and in WWI?

This is the coolest thread to come along in SH hunting in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tresmon

We shot them the other day. Usually the first shot and they all slide back into the water. Not now. From about 70 yards prone with match grade ammo out of a Savage MkII with my form1 silencer we shot about 20 turtles. On one log we shot four, starting with the one in back so the others did not see. All but one stayed on the log headshot.
</div></div>Have not shot turtles in years..Thanks for your post, brings back thoughts of alot of good times.

I would have called in sick for an offer like that. Heck any excuse to go hunting! Great job!

Thats what I like to see...get them off the video games/tv and learning something worth wile. Parenting at its finest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tresmon

</div></div>

We spent last Sunday afternoon at my buddy's place. We just shoot 'em in the head when they poke out of the water.

Nice shooting young fella!

Man, I wish I had that job opportunity when I was 11.

Gettin' paid to shoot & kill somethin'

It doesn't get any better!

We need to keep the kids in the field away from the PS3 & Xbox