• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One in the chamber?

Thanks for the contribution to the thread. Feel free to crawl back under the troll bridge now.

You come here with some idiotic "risk assessment" condescension, and I'm the troll?

Fuck you

Do one or the other. If you carry and train with an empty chamber, what good does chambering it every once in a while do?

If you really want to be safe, carry empty and have your wife carry the mag in her purse with you balls .

Fixed it fer ya .

What is the time/date/location of your next gunfight?

Let's get tickets now!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EzZ7UGZETxo" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe

What good does carrying with a round in the chamber do at the local diner with ~10 customers that I've been going to for 20 years? If I had a reason to be concerned (if for some odd reason in my small town a violent crime had occurred and no suspect yet found), then, yea, I may deem it worth my time to chamber. If I'm driving through the shitty part of town, again I'd chamber.

I have found that those who advocate so strongly for "cocked and locked" are some of the most ignorant and embarrassing firearms owners; we don't live in an active war zone, doubt any of you are raiding more than the fridge.

You and I may be perfectly fine carrying loaded, but I'm not dumb enough to advocate it to every Glock carrying po-dunk who has someone read this for them. There is more risk in them carrying their firearm loaded than there is likelihood of them needing to use it 3 seconds sooner and stopping a threat for the good of society.

Why carry a gun at all then?

when i need a gun....i need a gun....im fully aware the chance of me needing it is slim to none(thankfully).......that being said, if i do need it, im gonna need it in a hurry, and im gonna need it togo bamg as fast as possible.

its not a matter of "machismo"....its a matter of common sense.

i dont drive around with the fuse to my airbags pulled either....because when i need them....i need them.

ive been carrying for years, never "dropped my firearm" .....and even if i did, my guns are all drop safe.

hell, i bet more people have been shot with an "unloaded firearm" than a gun they knew was loaded.

if you cant trust yourself with a loaded gun, fine.......but dont belittle those of us who know how to handle weapons properly

I dont carry 'Israeli' I carry PT Barnum or just PTB.

Pull Trigger Bang.

I cant speak for 'Israeli"' carry but I like PTBarnum carry, or just PTB,,,Pull Trigger Bang.

The most dangerous thing about carrying with one in the chamber is YOU! If you are incompetent or careless YOU should not carry with one in the chamber. Or stupid I would add. Otherwise to most people it really does not matter either way. Your first reaction should not be to go all OK Corral, it should be to retreat if possible. Most times it will be. Get safe, assess and then react if needed.

Awareness is your best defense. don't go to an ATM or any other obvious target without seeing what is around you. Me one in chamber Hammer down. Because I trust my finger to be safe.

It's funny that all the internet badass gun guys strongly voice their "fully loaded and cocked" way of carrying. Why? Are you walking through the south side of Chicago at 2am? Or are you at the park with your kids? If 1, yes, I agree on having one in the chamber. If 2, wait til you drop your loaded gun because you bought the $20 walmart special holster while pushing your kid on a swing, some other kid comes up and picks up the gun, all because you thought it was really necessary to have one in the chamber while playing with your kids at the 20,000-population-town park with 5 other people present. Use common sense in evaluating risk and whether there is actually a threat, or if you're just carrying one in the chamber, just to say you're "carrying one in the chamber".

I spent $1200 on a Kimber 45...why would you assume I bought a $20 holster to go with it?

It's funny that all the internet badass gun guys strongly voice their "fully loaded and cocked" way of carrying. Why? Are you walking through the south side of Chicago at 2am? Or are you at the park with your kids? If 1, yes, I agree on having one in the chamber. If 2, wait til you drop your loaded gun because you bought the $20 walmart special holster while pushing your kid on a swing, some other kid comes up and picks up the gun, all because you thought it was really necessary to have one in the chamber while playing with your kids at the 20,000-population-town park with 5 other people present. Use common sense in evaluating risk and whether there is actually a threat, or if you're just carrying one in the chamber, just to say you're "carrying one in the chamber".

Has trouble ever called you for an appointment? I've never been that lucky save the Military an even they missed it a few times. Glad to know your special, may be you could tell us about your latest trouble message an how you responded or is that to much to ask for? Every time trouble came to visit me it was w/o warning an my situational awareness an lag time is just a little better than average. Awaiting you response.

What is the time/date/location of your next gunfight?

Is anyone else having trouble accessing pge 5 of this thread? I get to the end of 4, clikc 5 and it goes blank?