• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

One mile 243

F4D

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2010
Phx, Ariz
A friend of mine shot this group a few days ago.

1st shot top left, 2nd shot bottom left, 3&4 are the two in the right hand lower corner, number 5 is the one closest to center and number 6 is the one at bottom center.

Savage .243 Winchester
Factory Savage action, with accutrigger.
Choate stock.
26" Shilen Barrel, stainless match grade, 1:8 twist, 11 degree crown.
Harris bipod, bottom swivel type.

NF 5x25-56 ATACR MOA reticle, 1/4" adjustments, 120 moa vertical scope adjustment.
Murphy Precision 40 moa rail, stainless steel, black coated.
Barrett EX-rings, adjustable to 20 or 30 moa, set at 20moa.
Vortex bubble level, scope side mount.
107 SMK Match King 6 mm, my loads.
Nosler .243 Winchester brass, trimmed and re-sized prior to loading.
H4831sc powder.
Wolf large rifle primers.

Strelok + used for dope, within 1 moa first time out, used same dope this time out which was from last hit from last shot from previous outing, 89.1 moa vertical, 5 moa left to compensate for SD and coriolis effect with lite wind 1-2mph, ended up with wind 3-6mph from L to R with frontal gusts. Last two shot's 5&6 with vertical of 91.2 moa and horizontal of 10 moa left.
Roughly 135 ft vertical arc and 14 ft horizontal from center of target. Total rounds fired 16 for 6 hits on 40"X37" target. That wind does play hell with my little bitty bullets. On the good side, you could see where they were coming in at an approximate 30-35 degree angle by the top part of the bullet hole showing more black on paper from coming down and moving forward at the same time, with no key holes. Bullet is going subsonic at a little over 1300 yards.

Impressive yes. I doubt I could shoot that group with my 308. We are going out Next Monday and get video with the wireless cams.

Thanks all. He does have a nice rifle and I'm sure he is thrilled with the results at a mile.

That is outstanding. Has he (shooter/owner) done any thinking as to how 105 Hybrids perform? I know it gets spendier and spendier, but sometimes you just gotta see if you can do it.

Last edited: