• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One mile wireless camera system.

CJS-6.5

Full auto flintlock user.
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2017
Looking at setting up a target camera system on my home range. Who's done it and what works? We use wireless cabcams around the farm but they won't quite cut it:rolleyes:

Actually the cabcams system is cheap enough a guy could use it for 400 yards and in. It cuts out halfway across a quarter section. So about 400 yards. Just an idea for consideration.

So no One on the hide has set up a One mile camera system? Ok. I will. And let you guys know how it works...

Thanks. I didn't see that. It looks like a drone setup is going to be best for me. I can get a good enough one for 500 bucks. Plus I always wanted a drone:D

Reactions: Juggerxxx
I caught the Caldwell system on sale, and it was cheap enough for me to roll the dice on it. I actually like it. I’m not really that impressed with the secondary features on the app, but in using it solely as a means to chart impacts downrange, I’ve been pleased with it. I’ve only taken it out to 800 yds so far, but it seemed to handle that without a grunt. Video quality is good and it’s fairly easy to setup. It has a tendency to lose connection from time to time, but hell, shooting a WiFi signal at those distances isn’t easy. I’m fairly decent with computers and I can’t even figure out how to get WiFi to my back bedroom, so ......

Bullseye Camera system will get you there, it's really quite good.
My only complaint is it has a tough time identifying 223 rounds on a black target.
I've modified the case a bit for easy tripod mounting; much more stable then the provided plastic stand.

Attachments

• photo76159.jpg
    photo76159.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 39
Delladog, what did you use to make that stand? I need one.

Pretty simple. Cut a 1/4” thick stiff plank to fit the bottom, fitted a 1/4” female threaded insert, glued to inside bottom and attached a Vortex tripod with a QD mount. Much easier to position now and stable in the wind.

For those with the target vision, how’s it do with black targets?

Pretty simple. Cut a 1/4” thick stiff plank to fit the bottom, fitted a 1/4” female threaded insert, glued to inside bottom and attached a Vortex tripod with a QD mount. Much easier to position now and stable in the wind.

For those with the target vision, how’s it do with black targets?

Where ever you can see bullet holes from in person you can see them with T Vision, ie, if you set the camera 5 feet away its like being 5 feet away in person, etc.

Yeah, that’s the same with Bullseye. Still, unless there’s a bright background behind the target, it’s tough to find the black holes.

A DJI Mavic will get you out to 4 miles. We use them at work for construction site scanning and progress observation.
4k video too. I've borrowed it once or twice for 600yd ladder tests during load development. Just dont shoot the little bastard...

Reactions: jaybigboy34
Update. Bought the Caldwell system. Good deal for what it is. If that's all you can afford buy and enjoy...personally I like the drones...and if you look around and catch a Black Friday or something it's not much more. Plus they are a ton of fun. ?