• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One of a kind SA M25 White Feather

SB15

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2013
I thought I'd share a few photos of the M25 I've recently picked up. It belonged to the project manager (who will remain nameless here for privacy sake) for the Carlos Hathcock M25 rifles at Springfield Arms and is now in my possession. From what I was told, serial number 1 was given to the Hathcock family, and the project manager took serial number 2 and serial number 0666, referring to the number of the devil, and the nickname the Vietnamese gave Hathcock as the "Green Devil" (Or simply the Devil). I believe this to be the only civilian factory FDE model out there that left SA with the FDE McMillan (full auto) stock. The rifle had never been fired so I had to give it a go with a box of Federal Gold Medal Match ammo (and a lead sled). Attached are some photos and one of the 100m targets.

Would love to hear anyone elses experience with the M25...thanks!

IMG_2957_zpsb12e3593.jpg

IMG_2956_zps05bedff6.jpg

IMG_2955_zpsd03325f6.jpg

IMG_2638_zpscebc3c32.jpg

Last edited:
A very nice rifle with an interesting history.

I've never heard of the "green devil" nickname before. I always knew it to be "white feather", hence the name of the rifle & "WF" serial prefix.

Great Group..the Whitefeather I had was sent back for rebedding and never shot worth a D--n (sold it)...Whoever buys this rifle gets a good one.