• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

One of Our Guys got shot....

Hatchie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2009
West Tennessee
One of the third shift officers on my department was ambushed and shot around 0130 hours Thursday morning.
He noticed 2 subjects on foot in a commercial/industrial area and approached them. Not really sure what happened but the officer was jumped and had his service weapon taken from him.
The officer was shot once in the left shoulder, two shots center mass and one shot through and through in the right leg.
The officers vest saved him from the center mass shots and he was able to crawl back to his unit and apply a tourniquet to his leg using flex cuffs while waiting for assistance.
This is a young kid in great physical shape with a good survival mindset. That, and the plates his parents gave him for Christmas, are what saved him.
He was in surgery late last night to remove the bullet that was lodged in his shoulder. Haven't heard anything this morning but I'm headed to the hospital shortly.
Just think of this boy when you're too tired or too busy to get to the gym to work out, or you don't want to go to the range cause it's too hot and the ammo is too expensive. And think of him when you think the vest is too bulky or too hot or that "It won't happen to you".
Be polite, professional and prepared....the suspects are still at large.

Re: One of Our Guys got shot....

That boy needs to THANK his parents for that Christmas present again.

I'm glad it's no worse than it is.
I sure hope they get caught or put on a slab.

Good physical conditioning goes along way in preventing injuries. Although I don't know about gunshot wounds.

Hopefully he recovers soon.Pass on get well messages from the hide.

Just got back from the hospital and he looks much better than he did this time yesterday morning. I guess digging that jacketed hollowpoint out of his shoulder helped.
Doc says he may start PT this afternoon or tomorrow.
Full recovery is expected.
Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers sent up.
Wear your vest; it saved him.
We lost one in '04 that a vest would've saved.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. Thank God he had that vest on!!!! Hope the offending bastards get what is coming to them post haste!!!

Chad

Wishes for a speedy recovery from Richardson PD!

hope he has a full recovery and that you guys get the perps too

Prayers sent and hoping for a speedy recovery! Hope you get these thugs off the streets soon.