• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes One Piece Mount For a USO 1.8-10X TPAL

DWood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2006
Miami, Florida
I am in need of a mount for my new USO 1.8-10X TPAL for my LMT MWS. The Larue SPR-E that I have a Short Dot in has 2 5/16" between the rings while the USO TPAL erector housing is 2 7/8" = no go. I assume the SPR-S that I thought about using is the same, although the site listed below says 2.6". either way, still no room.

This is an excellent reference for one piece AR scope mounts. I found it on another site.
http://www.maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_piece/ar15_onepiece_mounts.htm#larue

Now I'm looking at a NF Unimount, which looks to have the best ring spacing for my needs, as well as 20 moa. I can't find the spec for the Unimount so if anyone could measure the spacing and post it I will be grateful.

I would like to see ARs with scope mount references <span style="font-weight: bold">and photos </span>for traditional scopes on flat top ARs, preferably 308s. Not just <span style="font-weight: bold">AR10s without mount info</span>. If there is one already beside the AR 10 photo thread, please point me there.

I think it is of great value to be able to see the rings and mounts that work for the members. Too often no info accompanies the pretty rifle photos or the photo captions don't ID the mounts and specs that work for their scopes. I don't care about what scope it is, I need to know what holds it to the rifle. The 1X mounts are no brainers but this takes a little more work.

Re: One Piece Mount For a USO 1.8-10X TPAL

The NF Unimount I have has 7.6mm (2 15/16") between the rings. That should work for you.

I currently use the NF Unimount for my 1.8x10 tpal. The ring spacing is sufficient. I, however, use the 1.25" mount and had to have the bottom milled a small amount to allow the scope to seat all the way due to the turret housing to being too deep. The 1.375 unit may work with out that mod.

Hope this helps!

DSCF0699.jpg

DSCF0678.jpg

Thanks DB. It looks like its very close. I need to remeaseure since the EREK knob sticks out in back, although up higher than the erector housing. Looking at this photo, I may even need the calipers.

DSC_0883.jpg

That helps a lot Sniper1. How is the cheek weld with the lower mount? I am considering the taller 1.4" version. Your photo makes me think the EREK knob may touch the rear ring and it may be difficult to see the markings on the dial.

The JP Enterprises mount is > 3" (just called them) and the GGG is > 4" so both will work. I'm really hoping that the NF will work with the ERGO (anyone have this set up?), otherwise the JP looks like a solid option.

ETA: Just got off the phone with Dean at American Defense. I ordered the Recon SW, which has no offset but wide spacing between the rings, 3.25". I won't need the offset with the LMTs mono rail platform so this looks like a good choice.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/195/

I think the EREK will go just over the ring! Not 100% though. I kicked around the 1.375 because that is what everyone recommended, but I did the math and mocked it up several times to be sure and am very happy with the 1.25". Not much, but saved a little Bore Height ratio. Cheek weld for me is great! I'm 5'11 185# if that helps. Cheek rest on my Magpul PRS is raised a little, maybe a 1/4" or so to get it right on for me.

Sniper1* out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the EREK will go just over the ring! Not 100% though........</div></div>

The EREK sits low enough that I question being able to see the markings, as well being tight so that manipulation may be an issue. Here is a photo of the AD I just ordered.

AmerdefenseReconSWMount.jpg

I really like the jp mount. Here is a pic on my ar15 with zeiss scope (much smaller than what your sticking in it). As long as you ar not worried about quick release I would go with the jp.
jordangunstuff055.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooting4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....(much smaller than what your sticking in it).... </div></div>

The JP looks pretty good, but I don't think it's "smaller". It looks longer and has solid rings. What does it weigh? The AD weighs 8 ounces and is 5 1/8" long

I mounted the USO loosely and I'm liking the American Defense mount. The LOP on the MWS is best for me on the first or second SOPMOD notch; 13" LOP or 14" LOP respectively. At that setting the scope mount seems good right where I have it. Tomorrow I'll get outside in the prone to see how the set up really fits.

With the TPAL, the rings need to be more than 3" apart and the AD mount just makes it at 3 1/4". There's not much room to adjust; the front ring has to go right about where it is. The EREK knob is easily read even though it's pretty close to the rear ring. I'll have to adjust the eye relief by moving the entire mount, but with the MRP that is not an issue. I don't think I'll have to move it forward of where it is.

The mount arrived with a healty coat of oil on it. Tomorrw I'll take it apart and degrease it with acetone before I locktite and torque the mount screws, 20-25 in/lbs according to the instructions.

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

i have been told from GG@G that there AC-30 mount measures 4 1/4" in length between center of rings and can be had as Q/D or bolt on

Looks great, I love my USO 1.8-10X37.
That's a heck of a nice weapon system you got there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good!!

I am glad you went with that mount, perfect height!
John III </div></div>

It looks like it will work well JBW3. Thanks for turning me on to the 1.8-10X with the JNG mil reticle. Height and eye relief seem just about right. I'm not sure the AD mount would work if my gun wasn't MRP. I think I have it one notch forward of where a normal receiver ends. After looking more at the NF Unimount, I think it would work and I would like the option of a 20 moa base, but I'll use the AD for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk9176251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have been told from GG@G that there AC-30 mount measures 4 1/4" in length between center of rings and can be had as Q/D or bolt on </div></div>

I think the GGG may be too long. Do you know the outside to outside ring measurement?