• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes One scope for f-class and practical matches?

utahcybercowboy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2008
Utah, Sandy
I have a new Eliseo rifle coming this week and I am wrestling with what glass to put on it. I would like to use one scope on this rifle for f-class and practical. I realize that this may not be a good idea.

On one of my rifles I have put a 10-50 Sightron with a dot reticle with 1/8 clicks. I have become a believer in 1/8 clicks for f-class. However I realize this may not be a good idea for practical matches.

Right now I am leaning towards 8-32 NXS NPR1 with 1/8 clicks. Are these even available yet? I see reference to them but have not been able to find anyone with one for sale.

Would I be better off to use 2 different scopes and just change out glass for different purposes?

Just wanting to flush this out a little more before I purchase.

Re: One scope for f-class and practical matches?

Which one are you going to be doing more of?

From the tactical/practical POV a NF 5.5-22x50-NPR1 would fill the bill.

As far as a "class specific" optic, I'd have to say a March.

As far as practical, that can be very dependent. 1/8 MOA clicks will be a big no go when shooting 308 to 1k. You are talking like a million clicks or something like that.

There probably isn't one that will fit both bills properly, but I think a S&B 5-25 in P4F would do you just fine, if you can handle the FFP at 25x not covering too much target. Otherwise, as far as SFP go, get a 1/4 MOA adjustable March or NF.

I would be doing more f-class than practical. More opportunies for f-class here and ranges are setup for f-class more so than practical around me.