• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One Shot Lube Deal

No. I didnt even realize they offered a small can.

64 oz of 99% iso alcohol is 17 bucks right now so a bit extra that wont mix with a single bottle of lanolin but who cares, youll use it eventually.
4oz of lanolin is 7 bucks

Mix them 10:1-12:1 in a spray bottle
4oz:40oz for 44 oz total of lube. That comes to 54 cents per ounce vs the dollar per ounce of the one shot.

Add in the spray bottle and it gets closer to the same price only you can reuse the spray bottles for more lanolin mixture instead of just putting them into the dump.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Love the One Shot lube...have to be careful not to use too much though. Bought a can at this price. Thanks!

I use OneShot for straight walled pistol where I tumble AFTER loading on a 650, but homebrew lanolin and 99% iso for cases which will be tumbled to remove the lube post sizing.

Will grab a can at this price. Thanks, OP

Concur when it comes to bottle-necked anything...but when doing a couple thousand 9mm I'm not doing two passes on the press to size, remove the lanolin, and then load.

That’s a good price OP. If it’s the 14 Oz can as the item title says. In the description it says 10oz tho so be careful.

I’ve used it for about a decade to meet the majority of my sizing needs.

The lanoline/alcohol is great also but those that don’t tumble will run into issues with it.

The lanoline/alcohol is great also but those that don’t tumble will run into issues with it.

I also wet tumble only, and have found it is not the best method for removing it, I have read dry media works better, I got rid of my dry tumbler a few years ago and was using Lee lube/Alcohol when I started wet tumbling, and did not have the issues I am with the lanolin. I'm going to try using less and see how it goes.

One shot is the worst lube on the market. 99%Alcohol/Lanolin only

Wish I had known this before I used it to make and load 20,000 black out cases, about 4000 7.62x40WT cases and used it to size and load another 5000 308 cases. Stuff works and don't have to remove it either but that's just me.... and funny but in all that I only got one black out case stuck and it was my own fault, not one problem with 308 too bad it doesn't work

Reactions: CanSniper
To those saying OneShot needs to be removed from sizes cases, can someone explain why? I’ve never noticed an issue with any type of caselube on my handloads. Seriously curious what the rationale is, not arguing the point.

To those saying OneShot needs to be removed from sizes cases, can someone explain why? I’ve never noticed an issue with any type of caselube on my handloads. Seriously curious what the rationale is, not arguing the point.

I have never removed it on some 30,000 rounds and it has never once caused any sort of issue.... not going to start now

I have never removed it on some 30,000 rounds and it has never once caused any sort of issue.... not going to start now
Yeah I haven’t had issues either. Looking for the folks who have seen an issue, and I’m curious what that issue is.

Reactions: KTAK
????

I've never had an issue but I've had stuck cases but it wasnt its fault. Lmfao

I put a dry unlubed case in the process, can't blame lube that wasn't on the case for it getting stuck....

One Shot vs Homebrew Lanolin? Use both, different applications.

One shot dries a lot quicker than the lanolin alcohol mix. It takes a lot longer for the rubbing alcohol to evaporate.

Its funny listening to people with thousands in reloading equipment pretend the world stops turning over 10 dollar can of case lube vs a 5 dollar can of case lube.

Case lube is not necessary for straight walled pistol cases. If you want to save time reloading pistol ammo. Quit wasting your time lubing cases.

I put a dry unlubed case in the process, can't blame lube that wasn't on the case for it getting stuck....

So did you do, spray 19,999 black out cases, then throw a dry one into the mix to see if you could find it?

• Haha
Reactions: padom
Case lube is not necessary for straight walled pistol cases. If you want to save time reloading pistol ammo. Quit wasting your time lubing cases.

Not required with carbide dies, but takes much of the effort out which is nice when doing longer runs of 3-600rds at a time. I just put the loaded 9mm or .45ACP in the dry tumbler for 15 minutes after loading and the lube is removed from the outside of the case.

Call Forster dies and ask them about One Shot Lube? I have it but now uses the lanolin/99%alcohol mix 10:1 . One shot is used to spray the dies after clean up.

Call Forster dies and ask them about One Shot Lube? I have it but now uses the lanolin/99%alcohol mix 10:1 . One shot is used to spray the dies after clean up.

I am not sure how to answer your question. Or are you not sure how to punctuate a statement?