• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk One support bag, if you could only have one?

Which bag, if you could only have one?

• Armageddon Gear Game Changer

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Armageddon Gear Pint Size Game Changer

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Weibad Tater Tot

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Weibad Mini

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other (please comment yours)

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Armageddon Shmedium Game Changer

Votes: 83 53.5%

• Total voters

rootacres

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2020
I think I’ve narrowed it down to a few support bags. I am going to be doing my first NRL hunter event, this may eventually lead to doing some PRS/NRL. I know one size doesn’t fit all but which size/model do you all find yourself using the most?

Tator Tot...Period. Now, if your wife/significant other/mother/aunt/sister can sew, then I'd get the heavy fill TT, buy some light fill on Amazon and do what I did...Got my wife to open it up and reduced the weight from ~11lbs to 8.5lbs and my friend, it is a dream of a bag at that weight!

I have a pint size game changer. I wanted something a little bigger and got the tater tot. I think the tater tot is a better, more versatile bag. Both are heavy fill.

Honest answer, I don't shoot PRS but I have a couple of bags made the same size as TAB rear bags with light fill (black poly beads) for bench use. I also made a couple of larger zippered bags for brass or gravel.

I live in Wiebad county (Texas) but that Jake Vibert plus 1 just works… Love the tater tot but if I could only have one it’s the Plus 1 Plus that JC steel carries 💪

I live in Wiebad county (Texas) but that Jake Vibert plus 1 just works… Love the tater tot but if I could only have one it’s the Plus 1 Plus that JC steel carries 💪
You happen to have a link to that Jake Vibert bag? I googled it an can't seem to find what you're referring to. Thanks

You happen to have a link to that Jake Vibert bag? I googled it an can't seem to find what you're referring to. Thanks

It's not a bad bag. I have one with sand, shot a match with it but went back to my super heavy schmedium. You can also call Jake and ask for one without the AG logo on it. He did a run last year and may do another.

Reactions: lash
I've tried a fair amount of bags, the AG Schmedium Heavy fill waxed canvas is hands down the best for PRS. I could make it work for field matches too.

Ill throw in another vote for a the heavy schmedium game changer. I basically dont know how to operate a rifle without one.

AG Schmedium GC 1+1 heavy fill waxed canvas. 2nd Place AG Pin sized GC heavy fill waxed canvas
AG Schmedium heavy fill
Schmedium heavy fill for matches. PU large ELR bag for most bench/long range prone stuff.
Heavy schmedium
Heavy Schmedium waxed canvas.
AG Schmedium heavy fill
AG Schmedium with secret super heavy PNW spec fill.
I've tried a fair amount of bags, the AG Schmedium Heavy fill waxed canvas is hands down the best for PRS. I could make it work for field matches too.
Ill throw in another vote for a the heavy schmedium game changer. I basically dont know how to operate a rifle without one.

Thanks guys, just added this one to the poll. Seems to be very popular. Not sure why I didn't have it on the poll to begin with. Im leaning this way in the heavy fill right now.

Ive traded the schmedium for the pint sized gc just for the ease of movement. I also carry a full sized gc with poly fill for a rear bag. Never have to worry about having too much bipod.

Reactions: patriotnation
modified lab jack I always found my self either to high or too low with bags or if I did find one that worked well enough to make me happy , it worked on one range but not on the tables on all three places we shoot at . But the lab jack adjusts to what ever I need it took some getting used to but I love it . the one I use is my third iteration and it's still 40.00 cheaper than any bought bag I have tried , at only 20.00 it was a great deal for me . Shame I broke the teflon strips I had on my second try , but the wood one I have now works .

Ive traded the schmedium for the pint sized gc just for the ease of movement. I also carry a full sized gc with poly fill for a rear bag. Never have to worry about having too much bipod.
That is why I have AG Pint sized AG heavy fill as 2nd - with stages with lots of movement like 5 shooting positions - I often swap to the pint sized. Also we have some ports etc. that can only fit a smaller bag

Reactions: M4orturnate
That is why I have AG Pint sized AG heavy fill as 2nd - with stages with lots of movement like 5 shooting positions - I often swap to the pint sized. Also we have some ports etc. that can only fit a smaller bag
I agree. Between shmedium and pint I use nothing else. Stage dictates. I also use pint as my rear bag for prone supported.

Reactions: Lightning8
I agree. Between shmedium and pint I use nothing else. Stage dictates. I also use pint as my rear bag for prone supported.
Do you find that the shmedium is too large to be a rear support in a lot of positions? Or is it just that the pint size works better?

Reactions: Badjujuu
Do you find that the shmedium is too large to be a rear support in a lot of positions? Or is it just that the pint size works better?
Not at all. I have the pint-sized, smedium and +1. I pretty much only use the smedium and it's also my dedicated rear bag. There is no situation I have run into last 3 years that it's too big as a rear bag. Pint sized is just too small, which is why most shooters have dumped it after getting tricked by marketing to buy it.

Schmedium! I've found it suitable for pretty much every stage I've come across so far. I'm new to PRS but certainly keeping it to one bag is helping me not over complicate stage planning

Heavy Schmedium + Light weight Pint Sized. All good. If only ONE choice: Heavy Schmedium hands down.

If one for everything I like the wax canvas, heavy fill. It's like light wet sand, moveable, but you can pack it down and it's not moving. The super light fill is almost packing peanuts to me. The newer git lite (sp?) in-between fill might be easier if it's for the matches you're walking a lot of carrying.

If I could only have one: the AG Plus One bag is it, it's the only bag I need and the only one I use lately.

That said, the regular AG Shmedium (heavy sand fill) is still an awesome all-around choice IMO and honestly, there's not much to gain swapping to a Plus One if the original Shmedium is already working for you (unless, like in my case, your buddy offers to buy your old one).

My extremely limited experience has led me to the Warhorse Development Comanche.

It is large enough for obstacles where your rifle needs to ride a bit high like culvert pipes but small enough to fit into tight firing ports.

-Stan

AG/ JC Steel Shmedium +1+1. It’s like shooting prone Off a barricade. Also big enough to actually use it to support the gun with no bipod, magazine off the ground in prone off of low positions.

Reactions: lash