• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing One vixen down

cr4zy3y3s

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2012
Uk. Somerset
Hi guys here is last weeks woe full tale ;)

Tony and myself met up as always and headed down to the permission with his rapid and my rem

We set up abit of a firing lane to zero the Remington and then move off but the long grass is now really starting to make things difficult especially spotting rabbits.

But before we set off I did wish to do something for one of my friends
null_zps84929091.jpg

Range 150yd with a upto14 mph wind when gusting.

So once this was done the rifle set up and tony blew to bits an apple I'd brought over lol it was time to hunt.
It wasn't long until we bumped into something but this DOE was off the list :( a beautiful female standing 132yds away but it was a case of moving her on calmly.

We have received a nice bit of new land from the owner and was interested in heading up so off we walked and finally got through the cow tracks and brambles tony was leading as when I ever lead I see loads and tony is never on hand to put one down so know he leads only as I was at the back I was panning up up field and spotted ginger !!

Movement and ginger ... Ginger moving ? ! Foxy was in but I had a problem from my location there was a house directly behind the target. Foxy was stalking a bunny which had just started to hop away and I was sure I wasn't going to have much time so off I went like a thousand fast things ( pretty sure that's just as fast as the fastest ONE THING ) pushing out to the left, I didn't have time to laser her it was a simple drop to a knee rifle up and she turned arse on,Then glimpsed back and zapp I squeezed on the exhale, everything felt good about the shot, the squeeze the recoil no pull no jolt jerk or even off balance but I couldn't confirm that I struck.
She was too close to the bushes and I didn't see her drop as the grass was too long.

We walked over to her and wouldn't you know it straight into the boiler box . The arterial spray on her coat was surreal but reassuring that she never suffered. We laserd the bush i fired next to from the foxes position and 176 yds displayed shot unsupported from a kneeling position. Every fox we have had on here has been a dog to date so it was only a matter of time until we had a vixen and tonight it was to be.

null_zps68f01ae1.jpg

We stayed out for quite some time after trying to get tony a kill that just didn't want to give even when I got on all fours so he could rest the bipod on my back lol

With the weather being absolutely gorgeous I though I would get a nice pic of the girls both in their new frocks ;)

null_zps55760fc9.jpg

Until the next outting

Atvbr

Max...

you wankers are going to have to put up a decipher sheet for tea and crumpit talk....:p