• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

One year later... (pics)

Prizm

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2009
Indiana
And it finally arrives. I lurk here mostly, but I wanted to finally share something I've been waiting on for a while. It's a Nighthawk Custom, lefty. I started the paperwork for the AAC 762 SD right after ordering and never thought it would be back way before the gun would arrive. But everyone is all together now.

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

Re: One year later... (pics)

definitely worth waiting for. One nice looking stick. Don't paint the scope or other accys. Leave it just the way it is

Im liking that paint scheme. But you should get your money back, the bolt is on the wrong side!

Get us a range report. I want to hear how the Nighthawks perform.

good looking gun, only problem is the bolt is on the wrong side

Congrats on getting it done, Looks Good! I agree with some of the others, don't paint the black stuff, breaks it up a little. I bet it will still shoot even if the bolt is on the wrong side.

Thanks for the congrats and compliments. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I had the option of getting a camo paint scheme instead of the overspray but it would have added at least another 8 weeks to it. I said enough is enough, and had him do what you see before you. I was advised by them to not paint the scope. But I can always do that.

You guys started this problem for me. I had little interest in bolt guns before lurking around here. My wife got me an Armalite SASS in 2007 for a wedding gift and I love it, it's a great shooting gun and friendly for my left-handed shooting. I had a Savage bolt for a short while but grew tired of the right handed action. Then I got a Remington 700 lefty in .308 and it shoots better than me but after looking at all the goodies on here I wanted a "real" stick. So thanks to all of you for this.

Specs:
Nighthawks Custom spiral fluted action (lefty)
20" fluted Broughton barrel
Manners stock
Jewell trigger
AAC brake/ 762 SD
Nightforce 5.5-22x50 w/ NF rings
Chambered in .308

I have higher rings for it so that I can mount my NV scope and have everything line up properly (I hope). I have to return the gun over the winter so the folks at Manners can add a sling QD cup to the proper side for a lefty.

I'm breaking it in now (sucks so bad) and hope to get a range report to you guys in the near future. I'm looking forward to growing into this gun. I'd like to take a class at rifles only when time allows. Lots to learn.

What should I do with the other bolt gun?

Nice stick.. It sounds like it was worth the wait..

After waiting a year for something like that it's a huge relief to finally hold it!

Nice. I live just 1.5hours south of them. They make some really nice stuff. Good Luck. I am going to be the guy that ask, How Much $$$..? If you don't want to say publicly PM me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleI79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. I live just 1.5hours south of them. They make some really nice stuff. Good Luck. I am going to be the guy that ask, How Much $$$..? If you don't want to say publicly PM me. </div></div>

No biggie. The invoice was for around $5400 without optics if I recall correctly. I'll look again but I'm pretty sure that's right. I think they start at $4295 and go up from there. If I had gotten it with the Surgeon action it would have been an extra $600. This stuff is pricey. I had no clue how bad it could get.

Man, that does seem pretty high! You could have went with a surgeon for less I think..... Not knocking your rig but just saying, for future reference. The majority of the SA Surgeon 591 builds they have done for me have never been over $3800.00 give or take.