• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors One you don't see too often - suppressed Model 60

BookHound

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
You don't see this setup very often. Marlin Model 60 with an AAC Prodigy.

The AAC suppressor uses an interrupted thread for fast-attach capability. In this case the barrel needed to be threaded .5x28 and the fast-attach adapter installed. The adapter allows the suppressor to be installed with a quick quarter turn.

model60_04_cropLarge.jpg

The adapter stays on the host firearm and there is clearance enough for the feed tube to be removed when the suppressor is NOT mounted on the firearm. But with the fast-attach adapter popping the suppressor on and off is very quick and easy.

model60_02_cropLarge.jpg

Thread protector is used on the adapter when the suppressor isn't being used.

Pretty neat little project I thought.

model60_03_cropLarge.jpg

Re: One you don't see too often - suppressed Model 60

Mark, you know I had thought about doing something like that with my Henry and Pilot.

Thatis different indeed. Always wanted to suppress a marlin 336 levergun.

Nicely done. A good .22 suppressed rifle is the best investment one can make.

are there any lever guns this could be done to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are there any lever guns this could be done to? </div></div>
I have been fighting the urge to thread my 39A. Since it was my Dad's and is in nice shape I'm not going to cut on it... Now, if I could find a beater at a decent price it's another ballgame. Might be a future project.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark, you know I had thought about doing something like that with my Henry and Pilot. </div></div>

Adam, that would be too cool!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are there any lever guns this could be done to? </div></div>
I have been fighting the urge to thread my 39A. Since it was my Dad's and is in nice shape I'm not going to cut on it... Now, if I could find a beater at a decent price it's another ballgame. Might be a future project. </div></div>

A 39A would be neat for sure.

That is pretty slick. Who made the adaptor, AAC?

Nice Mark! Just threaded mine last month!Rifle was given to me free and I threaded it on my buddies lathe and made a homemade thread protector from a scrap piece of stainless.

DSCF1213.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool. So, you had enough barrel in front of the sight to not have to move the sight back? </div></div>

No,but to save time I put the front sight in a mill and machined off just enough material so the sight would be almost flush with the shoulder.

Just checked out your new website Mark.You,Allen and Polite Society will be missed,I hope Allen's health is improving.Good luck with your new venture!

Thanks, buddy. I've been a long-time customer of American Precision Arms (formerly Patriot Arms) and friends with the guys as well. So when things started getting too much at PSI this was a natural move for me. I am blessed to be working with friends in an industry I love and with a company that has not only a proven track recorded but huge growth potential. Life is good!!
smile.gif

Thanks for the well wishes.