• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Only 8 Mils of adjustment after 100 yd zero

When I tighten the two screws on the rear of the base, there is a gap between the action and the bottom of base at the front. That's where the bedding comes into play. Without the bedding, when the two screws at the front of the base are tightened, the base bends down, towards the action. This misaligns the rings, and that's what damaged my scope. I had to lap those rings to get everything to line up correctly.

Did you tighten all screws equally with a torque wrench? Equal amounts of force when mountain an optic is very important. As stated in a way, a few thousandths of bedding or material will negate your MOA cant entirely.

Now, I have had an IOR that with an 20MOA base only gave me 10Mils of travel after being zeroed at 100. Sent it back and there was an erector issue.

Nicholas, listen to Scudzuki.

As soon as you remove the base and bedding, check the receiver with a known straight edge to confirm receiver abnormality. Do the exact same thing with the underside of the base for the exact same reason, you never know when a manufacturer could slip up quality control. (A good thing to remember with ALL firearms related endeavors).

Then bed the base and "loose tighten" your first and third screws . Kiwi releases from JB Weld pretty well, buy better torx bits. If you have a marina/boat shop nearby, MarineTex Gray is far superior to jb weld, jb works just fine if not though. If you do it correctly, you won't wind up "with a lot more than 20 MOA", it will be how it's supposed to be.

Last edited: