• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing open sight kits for my long action savage 7mm mag

vhunter260

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2012
I am looking for a nice open sight kit to put on my savage 110 7mm mag for brush hunting. Any ideas

Re: open sight kits for my long action savage 7mm mag

have you thought about a low powered optic, say 1-4x that you could shoot both eyes open?

I thought about that too but the brush is so thick that open sights would be preferred. I have a low powered optics setup on my 30-06 for black bear hunting.

I've got one of these mounted on a 300BLK upper for snap shooting at jumped hogs

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post3050965

Mine is the amber instead of green. These things just snatch your eye to the shootin' spot. I'll leave ya alone after this...I was just reading something on Longrangehunting where someone had a put a ghost ring set up on their gun. If I find it again I'll come back and post the info here.

Breeze

invalid web request for somereason. ps you should see what a 416 does to a hogs face.

Try tech-sites,if I understand the question.....

Open sights require sight alignment. That means conscious thought and delay are involved.

A reflex reticle/dot scope requires no such alignment, and is the best I've found for allowing me to aim using both eyes. It's the easiest and fastest way I know to get a workable sight picture, and it fits on a standard scope base.

Greg