• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Open the flood gates........its more vendor on vendor action!

SQUATCH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
In a Cave
Any testimonials to back any of this up or pics of said bad ammo? Just curious as this is important to non reloaders like myself.

8-14-20131-20-46PM_zpsb8dd4597.jpg

Really poor form of SWA posting that even on their facebook with what appears to be no actual evidence of the Copper Creek rounds.

It's not like SW hasn't had their fair share of issues.

I don't use either, I use McCourt Munitions for my reloads but PatrickChewing uses Copper Creek loads in his new 6 Creed and they are extremely accurate. I have heard some of the charge weights have varied significantly in CC loads though.

I understand where people are coming from but in these times we shouldn't be throwing mud at each other, we should be willing to help one another out, even if its our competition. Competition drives motivation and motivation drives success!.

gazelle-eating-popcorn.gif

To the Facebook customer's comment: Maybe I slept through that part of "reloading school", but why would a crimp be important on "match ammo"?

Bullshit move Southwest...... but then again, there is a reason why I don't order from them anymore.

These vendor threads certainly add to the overall entertainment value of being a new member.

I ordered a case of m119LR from lead river ammunition co., I think they are out of California, they are groundbreaking, what they do is load the bullet in backwards so they are flat, awsome stuff

That looks like a group I shot with my custom build from Rumblewepnz . Shooting 178 amax's from SWA. 100 yard group though. I put a pix like that out on my Facebook page identical to that picture . I'll look for that target and see if I can take another pic if it. Eerily similar!

Again,
Shame on Southwest for posting that bullshit. A) they should have left the competitors name out of it and B) Are they even still around? I can maybe name three people that shoot their ammo whereas I see shooters using Copper Creek ammo in top 10 finishes all the time. Of course, I should have got our first clue when SW refused to build 243 ammo to our specs.

Looks like they already posted an apology, as they probably should have. Nbd

Our sincerest apologies for an unedited post made early this morning by one of our office staff. It was not the intention of Southwest Ammunition to put any competitors on blast. We do take grade pride in the ammo we provide but that no way deters the hard work our competitors put out as well! — at Southwest Ammunition, LLC.

Again,
Shame on Southwest for posting that bullshit. A) they should have left the competitors name out of it and B) Are they even still around? I can maybe name three people that shoot their ammo whereas I see shooters using Copper Creek ammo in top 10 finishes all the time. Of course, I should have got our first clue when SW refused to build 243 ammo to our specs.

Still around, they are a vendor here who runs group buys on their ammo. Definitely a bad move to post that the way it was written, not cool to put the name out there like that. I have ammo from both companies. The Copper Creek Gas gun shoots great in my P308 and the SW 175s from a group buy last year are really good in my 308 bolt action

Last edited:
That looks like a group I shot with my custom build from Rumblewepnz . Shooting 178 amax's from SWA. 100 yard group though. I put a pix like that out on my Facebook page identical to that picture . I'll look for that target and see if I can take another pic if it. Eerily similar!

Interesting..

Poor form, but they manned up. I see no reason to doubt it was a mistake. I shoot plenty of ammo from both companies. SWA had some 180 Game Kings last year that I wish they would make more of. They messed up a recent order and I was able to get through immediately and they made it right. That says plenty to me. Copper Creek has a fantastic array of 6.5 CM and they will work with you on developing a load.

It's part of the "Team" dynamic now... and I am sure it's here to stay. :p

Guys are now treating companies like their favorite football team as if they grew up in Dallas and support the Cowboys no matter what. So the first thing every one does is pick a side, and then argue tooth and nail for their "team". I suppose there is a better European Soccer example, but I am not hip to that world.

It's a smart move, builds customer loyalty and sends them out on social media sites to market for them. Back in the day, it was more about calling the other guy a "Fanboy" but now, it's been moved to this Team Sport concept. You had it before, on a smaller scale, like the Larue fanbois that scour the internet looking for a fight, but it's grown. The market is flooded with competition, and social media is an easy way to make a mark.

Team GAP, Team Surgeon, Team Copper Creek, Team Honey Badger, pick your poison, it's all the same, slap a sticker on your gun case, and sharper your defense as you may be called on to defend the Home Team against any slight, real or perceived. :)

At the coin toss, call it ! Heads you lose, Tails I win.

Guys are now treating companies like their favorite football team as if they grew up in Dallas and support the Cowboys no matter what. So the first thing every one does is pick a side, and then argue tooth and nail for their "team". I suppose there is a better European Soccer example, but I am not hip to that world.

It's a smart move, builds customer loyalty and sends them out on social media sites to market for them. Back in the day, it was more about calling the other guy a "Fanboy" but now, it's been moved to this Team Sport concept. You had it before, on a smaller scale, like the Larue fanbois that scour the internet looking for a fight, but it's grown. The market is flooded with competition, and social media is an easy way to make a mark.

Team GAP, Team Surgeon, Team Copper Creek, Team Honey Badger, pick your poison, it's all the same, slap a sticker on your gun case, and sharper your defense as you may be called on to defend the Home Team against any slight, real or perceived. :)

Pure and utter WIN!

I have had fantastic results with copper creek ammunition. Im just glad someone produces 243 match ammo.

2 things:

1 - Pics of jacked up ammo or bullshit.
2 - Don't post shit about other vendors/competitors unless they did something illegal, unethical or a PSA because people could get hurt. Otherwise, it's still a dick move and will come back to fuck you in the ass eventually no matter how right you are.

Let's not forget Team Hello Kitty.

Every company has their bad days/deals, and to a consumer it can seem at times like no company has their fault, ie. every gun X gunsmith puts out is a hammer, Y ammo always shoots bugholes in every gun, etc. but that is simply not the case. Shit happens. People make mistakes. Just because it works for one guy doesn't mean it works unilaterally, you've only heard of one small piece of data and you don't know what their perspective is (1 hole at 100 yards could be a 2" OD cut-out). The problem is that these stories are rarely told or are attributed to someone not "doing their part behind the rifle" because they don't want to admit they got a lemon, and feel like they got screwed. This forum is great for selecting companies with very consistent to near-perfect track records. What really should stand out to a potential buyer is what the company does when something doesn't work. Whether that's eating the cost to spin on a new barrel to replace a bad blank or refunding an ammo purchase for already shot ammo that had too large a velocity spread, this is where confidence in a purchase should come from. I've experienced product defects with several high-profile Hide vendors, but when it comes down to it they've all gone above and beyond to keep me happy.

For SW to post something like that seems ridiculous to me, and as if they've forgotten the basics of load development. I have a rifle that really likes some of their loads, yet hates others made from the same components as other loads that work great, and I have another rifle that is just the opposite. I'm still pretty new to all this, but this just seems like an elementary concept.

I've had my issues with them, but they've always tried to do the right thing in my book.

I hate and despise all things equally. Except for Larue Dildo Dust. I must have Dildo Dust.

I swear it is nothing but a year's supply of Ramen seasoning and a load of sugar. Need to try this hypothesis....

Last edited:

He is not a cheer leader, but an athletic supporter.

This 10 character

I'm pretty sure they do or they wouldn't have A) started this thread or B) sent apology messages out to everyone on facebook.

You can sit back down now.

Oh gee I better take a nap now from the smack down I just got from a 24 year spoiled little rich kid.

Oh gee I better take a nap now from the smack down I just got from a 24 year spoiled little rich kid.

You know nothing about me nor do you have any facts straight. This is about SWA pulling some BS move to out another competitor, allegedly it was an accident on their part.
Funny how you internet tough guys can talk shit from across the country. And at 41 I would think you possessed a little more maturity then to go straight for the name calling.

Last edited:
Well, either way, I'm glad we have the chance to clutter up our bolt-action forum with manufactured facebook drama between ammunition manufacturers. I swear, sometimes this place reminds me of Jr. High.

I agree with most of the posts that stated that is was at least bad form on the part of SWA to print the original statement. But isn't is also bad form to post it here as that exposed a lot more people to it. Maybe we can should posting to this thread so it gets lower on the heap over the course of a day and becomes invisible.

I agree, fk the Cowboys. SWAMMO loads some good stuff, I have not tried the other company's loads as I do most of my own loading but do use SWAMMO when my schedule gets busy and I don't have time. Are these other companies sponsors here? If not who cares what these guys do to tweek each other. Didn't realize we had so many high mannered people on this site.

I agree, fk the Cowboys. SWAMMO loads some good stuff, I have not tried the other company's loads as I do most of my own loading but do use SWAMMO when my schedule gets busy and I don't have time. Are these other companies sponsors here? If not who cares what these guys do to tweek each other. Didn't realize we had so many high mannered people on this site.

Ya they are sponsors on this site.