• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Opening Day in the Big Country

Hondo64d

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
The Big Country
Caught this guy with his nose to the ground, hot on the trail of a doe, no doubt. 130gr VLD from my .260 in the center of the chest as he was nearly facing me at a bit over 100 yards. DRT, I mean didn't even twitch. Pretty good opening day, by my reckoning.

John

Image.jpg

Re: Opening Day in the Big Country

Dude you killed rudolph the red nose reindeer, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!No nice buck!!!! HA HA

Very nice, great way to start off the season. I can't wait for ours to start, hope we get some cooler weather by than

First ever hunt on your own property. Awesome!

Very nice! Looking forward to getting out on some property I'm buying in PA for the first day of rifle season. Hope it goes as well as your first day out.

"The Big Country" is a colloquialism for the area from Abilene, TX and parts north and west until you get to the panhandle. From what I've seen, one of the best kept secrets for quality whitetails.

I agree about your neck of the woods too. Did a Pronghorn hunt near Newcastle a few years ago. Had an absolute blast, and could happily spend the rest of my days in Wyoming.

John

Hunters. Have used them on several critters and am favorably impressed. Nothing seems to make very many tracks after being hit by one.

John

Nice deer. Those g2s are long!