• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

opening site and already logged in

KHOOKS

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
Central Alabama
When I open the forum in firefox I'm already logged in. This is new and has been occuring over the past few days. Is there a way to fix it I'd hate to get banned from someone using the forum logged in as me?

Ken

Re: opening site and already logged in

Already being logged in is not an issue ? Try logging out when you are finished it says at the top right -- Log Out >

I don't understand the question ?

Normally it site would log me out if I close the firefox window I was open in. Say I was out for a few minutes and go back in I would have to relog in. Now I can close the window and be gone all night and it'll still have me logged in. I'll just get used to logging out manually so that it is not an issue.

Thanks Frank,
Ken

Man, I wish IE would do that for me!!! If I shut down the PC, I have to login again here. Other forums, I don't.

Any tips on the cookies, etc.???

When you go to the login page, there is a box underneath that asks,
remember me on this computer?,
do you have it checked??

When I check that box, every time I go to another page, I will get logged out; I will not stay logged in. If I do NOT check the box, I will stay logged in until I shutdown the computer.

Yes, you read that right!

<span style="font-style: italic">Just in case anyone looks at this later...</span>

After posting on this topic, I found another topic which proved to be what is happening for me. I'm using IE8 on Win 7.

I also tried this at work and the same thing happens using IE9 on Win 7. Tried Firefox, and no problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FoxtrotBravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I check that box, every time I go to another page, I will get logged out; I will not stay logged in. If I do NOT check the box, I will stay logged in until I shutdown the computer.

Yes, you read that right! </div></div>

This exactly what's happening to me, starting about 10 days ago.

For years, checking the 'remember me' box would allow me to shut down the PC and when turned back on, I could go straight to SH and already be logged in. No fuss, no muss.

About 10 days back, I had a brown out, or two, in a row and I had to go back to the 10-12 sites and reinstall the passwords for the ones that drop the auto log in cookie.

SniperHide had dropped me, so logging in and checking the box should do it, but if I check the box, it just keeps me out of every forum, can't get into anything but the main forum index, which remembers my name and layout color.

If I don't check the box, I can go into every forum, as I normally do, but when I shut down the PC, I have to go back in and start over, making sure I don't check the box.

I went through the FAQ's 'suggestion' to get rid of 'expired/damaged' cookies, but while a few showed up and seemingly were deleted, that process didn't help.

The funny thing is is I can't find a SH cookie anywhere AND even after the brown outs, and the expired/damaged cookie deletion, the PC still 'auto fills' my name and password into the SH fields, but that could just be a Windows trait.

IE 8 and Win 7, FWIW. All my other bookmarked sites work fine. Some like AOL Portfolio, or even Ebay, do the same thing when the PC is shut down, but this is a new 'glitch' and I'm just curious.

At least I'm not the only one!

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...the PC still 'auto fills' my name and password into the SH fields, but that could just be a Windows trait.</div></div>

This has to be cleared with "Form Data" and "Passwords" checked under Internet Options -> Browsing History. Not cookie related.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd hate to get banned from someone using the forum logged in as me?</div></div>

Frank can I use this excuse the next time I get banned??
laugh.gif