• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinion on SBR lower

SKS Guy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Luray, Va.
I have a palmetto state armory complete lower. It locks up very tight to the upper i plan to use. My only concern is it is more narrow in the area where the trigger pins are. I had to file some off to get my trigger pins to work, as they were to long. It seems about .018 more narrow than my colt 6920 lower. Am I just paranoid or should I go ahead and SBR the lower. Thanks.

I would make sure it functions with a 16"+ barrel before spending the $ on the SBR tax stamp. There might be more things out of spec with the lower. Hopefully not. Good luck!

For some reason I couldn't come to terms with spending $200 on a tax stamp for a $60 lower. I would buy something nicer purely out of vanity, especially if the lower you have has some questionable specs.

I'm with the others. When choosing a lower to SBR, I went out of my way to pick something nice for the simple fact that if I'm going to go to the trouble/expense of doing the NFA dance I want something that's kinda gee-whiz. FWIW, I went with an AXTS.

Once you register a lower you're kind of stuck with it. At least more so than a non nfa lower. I'd go with something good since you're gonna spend the time and money on it. I went with a Daniel Defense for mine.