• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinion--What's the Best Leupold Scope For

Re: Opinion--What's the Best Leupold Scope For

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperSGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would get the competition 45x 45mm with 1/8 MOA target dot. </div></div>
While the Leupold competition series fills no need I have, they are excellent scopes. If a fixed power scope is what you are looking for, and the adjustment range fits your needs, they are hard to beat.

i was thinking that the tactical line for leupold had better reticle choices for competition shooting

The TMR is nice but where the lines intersect there is a open space that is nice at distance but not sure it would be what I would want to compete. something with a fine crosshair would be for me.
What range are you shooting?

not sure exactly what range ill be shooting as I am just really getting trying to get myself geared up but from what ive been reading i should be prepared for 1000yds

Leupold still makes a target dot reticle, unlike Nightforce.

That is absolutely the best to get for paper and varmints and most other uses.

The VX-III LR with target dot reticle is your huckleberry, I'm thinkin'.

Ditto

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rugrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold still makes a target dot reticle, unlike Nightforce.

That is absolutely the best to get for paper and varmints and most other uses.

The VX-III LR with target dot reticle is your huckleberry, I'm thinkin'. </div></div>

Nothing Leupold makes is for me, but I agree with this ^

I have TMR on all my "match" rifles and especially for shooting F class. That gap fits great on the spotter at 1,000 yds & the TMR graduated ticks allow "hold-offs". Much better than me trying to learn Mildot. I just wish Leupold was as clear as a S&B or others I have viewed. Also the rotation isn't as crisp but ... you have what you can afford.