• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Opinions needed. Hunting can

Fishcrete

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2018
Wisconsin
Would b my first can. So want one universal until I buy more. So would like it to go from
6.5 to 30 cal.
I run a 28 nosler hunting
300 wsm
7wsm

also target shooting would use it on my
6.5x47
6.5 grendel

maybe 223 when I go dog hunting

anybody point me to a few good cans to start to look at ? Don’t want anything over 1000$ either

thanks for your time n feedback

Dominus-CB I would go for the shorter barrel mins. Just as quiet (if not quieter) then a Ultra-7 Gen 2.. only a bit larger in diameter and a hair over an ounce heavier. Shorter in length though.

edit: just saw you don’t want anything over $1k sorry. You could pick up a TBAC 50% Cert though for $300 or less on here and place the order with TBAC. Would bring you down to $850ish for a Ultra-7 and $900ish for a Dominus-CB

I need some opinions on how to create my own can. What kind of Materials are best. Where can I get it threaded? Do lock washers work better than standard due to the opening?

Dead Air Nomad-Ti or Nomad-LT. Lightweight, quiet, nearly infinite mounting options... No barrel length restrictions, and rated for up to .300 Norma Mag/.300 RUM. 👍🏼

I am going with the SiCo Hybrid 46 as my second can. it will shoot 9mm, 45, 6.5, 308, 338 lap, etc etc. only downside is its on the heavier side. ~$800

I currently have a Gemtech Tracker as my bolt action can now. I like alot, light weight and rated up to 300 win mag. really good hunting can and i shoot it in matches.

I enjoy the fact that I can slap my Hybrid on pretty much anything under the sun and would recommend it on that alone. Overall I've been very happy with mine and the accuracy/repeatability. Sounds about the same as my friend's Omega with a .308 end cap. I am using a Deadair keymo for my centerfires. It is kinda heavy to hunt with, but it all depends on how much of a factor weight is. It always goes with me when I walk my family's land looking for hogs.

Dominus-CB I would go for the shorter barrel mins. Just as quiet (if not quieter) then a Ultra-7 Gen 2.. only a bit larger in diameter and a hair over an ounce heavier. Shorter in length though.
This.. and the expanded volume will be a plus with your magnums and your gas guns. You’re already prepared to spend $1,000, for an extra $235 you should consider the Dominus.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Griffin Explorr ex3 is awesome. No barrel restrictions, rated to 300wm, full auto rated(not that I need it). 12.5 oz and the titanium minimalist brake weighs 1oz. Sounds great, I’ve shot my 300wm and 18” 6.5 creed bolt guns and 5.56 and 300 blk ARs with it and it performs amazing on them all. $750 @ silencer shop right now plus a $100 gift certificate.

Not to hijack, but why is the Gemtech Tracker more popular?
If you meant “why isn’t it more popular” could be cause of the shot limitation or that it’s direct thread only. It says no more than a 10 shot string without letting it cool down(I’ve heard this is very conservative). Could also be gemtech kinda got a bad name a few years back ie “Gemtax.” I had never heard of it until after I purchased mine. I bought mine for shooting on bolt action rifles and cause it was on brownells for like $275.

I have no complaints about it. Great sound, rifle shoots accurate with it on and it’s light weight.

Reactions: Antares
Was in the same situation and picked up the dominus cb with a cert I picked up, kept it under 1k. Now the long wait

If you meant “why isn’t it more popular” could be cause of the shot limitation or that it’s direct thread only. It says no more than a 10 shot string without letting it cool down(I’ve heard this is very conservative). Could also be gemtech kinda got a bad name a few years back ie “Gemtax.” I had never heard of it until after I purchased mine. I bought mine for shooting on bolt action rifles and cause it was on brownells for like $275.

I have no complaints about it. Great sound, rifle shoots accurate with it on and it’s light weight.

Yes, that is what I was trying to ask. Thanks. That makes sense about the rate of fire and the attachment.

Www.PewScience.com for really valuable data comparisons of silencers. Can’t recommend it enough!

I went with the CGS Hyperion K after Jay described it and the full size Hyperion as having “alien technology” inside them. That are both distinct market outliers.

Another vote for the ultra 7. Amazing can. I also have an ultra 9, but i find myself shooting the 7 much more because its shorter. U loose a little db reduction but from the shooters ear i can barely tell the difference, and the little bit of weight reduction and shorter length is worth the trade off. The SICO hybrid 46 is also a great can if you ever have intentions of going over 30 caliber. U can do titanium end caps and a direct thread mount and get the weight down below 14 oz as well. Mine sounds great on 30 cals. It is somewhat loud on anything smaller, downside of having a 46 caliber hole thru it.... Buy the lightest can u can afford that will do the job u need it to do. Banish 30 from silencer central also gets great reviews. Have one in jail but cant give any first hand reviews on it.

For my 7th can it would be CGS Hyperion K or Nomad Ti. You always want light for hunting unless your setting

Reactions: paco ramirez
You really have to listen to his podcasts( which aren’t exactly riveting). The Hyperion K is suppressing about the same as a can that weights 2x as much. He says they have no first round pop either. There is a suppressor for everyone, you just have to figure out what’s means most to you, for that gun /guns.

Last edited:
You really have to listen to his podcasts( which aren’t exactly riveting). The Hyperion K is suppressing about the same as a can that weights 2x as much. He says they have no first round pop either. There is a suppressor for everyone, you just have to figure out what’s means mosh to your for that gun /guns.

Makes sense I guess there is definitely more to his ratings than face value. I am still deciding on my next can if it will be a Lux or a TBAC7... decisions decisions

Reactions: kikkobots
The nomad ti- just cause of lighter weight and new xeno mount would be my first choice right now for my next one. The Hyperion has an adapter for direct thread for 1/2” barrel that make it longer . The nomad ti can stay direct or plan b or any other mount. Before the nomad with those mounts made it 3 oz heavier than trash panda. But this is now. I like the cherry bombs and was my reason to choose TP on 6 th can

i have 3 of their cans, but I have seen so many blown welds etc in Facebook groups that I feel like I need to branch in some other directions.
You sure that's not just dumbasses that don't know what they're doing, and had some backyard idiot thread their barrel so it's not 100% straigh, and it caused a baffle strike. I mean, we are talking about FakeBook... So, I'd believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see. Just food for thought. 👍🏼

Reactions: Hobbes442
You sure that's not just dumbasses that don't know what they're doing, and had some backyard idiot thread their barrel so it's not 100% straigh, and it caused a baffle strike. I mean, we are talking about FakeBook... So, I'd believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see. Just food for thought. 👍🏼

some of the posts were in the dead air asylum group dead air runs. Didn’t seem like it was a user error from what I remember from some of the back stories. Hey still like them, and they stand behind their product. just time to branch out some for me.

Heard nothing but good things about TB ultras for accuracy and weight. The banish is good but kinda costly or just go with a universal and deal with the extra few ounces but have a one size fits all. PS anyone know TB lead times on a ultra 7? Last I heard was 6-8 month to get a serial number the form 4 wait times after that

Seems to have low ratings however in terms of other cans pew has tested?
For me, the Hyperion K is a perfect fit. It’s a hunting can going on a 16” Fix so lightweight and small size are very important to me. Additionally, the Hyperion K out-performs every other K can in sound signature as well as the Trash Panda in the supersonic regime, which were my previous first choices. Direct thread taper mount is also a huge positive.
I mean, to have a 6inch, 10oz can that is *almost* as quiet as the silencer co omega with extremely low back pressure...come on that’s hard to beat. 👍🏼

Last edited:
The Rugged Razor does not have a minimum barrel length restriction. This makes it versatile for use on everything from 5.56 SBRs to .308 bolt actions.

Dead air nomad TI for sure. Extremely versatile, great customer service and warranty. Can’t say enough good things about Dead Air.

Reactions: FuhQ