• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions needed please

slm9s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2008
WA
I recently bought a Sightron SIII w/ the LR MOA reticle. I really like the scope and the reticle. This model that I have only comes with illumination, which raises the price $200. I mainly target shoot and like the tiny floating dot in the middle of the reticle for precise aiming. However, I hope to eventually get into more tactical shooting.
Well, it turns out that due to an error on the part of the retailer, I have the opportunity to return it for a full refund and I'm wondering if you guys would return it and opt for the mildot reticle and 0.05 mil click version plus pocket around $200. In addition to the cash, I'm thinking that as I progress toward tactical shooting, I should just start now with mil/mil. It seems the concensus is that mil/mil is the way to go and most will be using it, or am I way off base here? Again, I'd be losing the floating dot which is nice for target shooting, but I'm sure I could get used to a mildot reticle.
Anyway, just looking for opinions. Thanks.

Re: Opinions needed please

I would absolutely upgrade that reticle and make sure the turrets match whatever system you choose.Mil/mil or moa/moa there is no "better" just whatever you're more comfortable with.

Re: Opinions needed please

both systems match. I have moa/moa, the one I'm considering switching to is mil/mil.