• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on/Experiences with Prvi Partizan Brass (& ammo too)

UNCIVILIZED

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2004
Southwest, MI
I'm hoping this question ain't a repeat, but... Has anyone reloaded Prvi Partizan Brass, and if so, how's the quality of it as well as it's life span. As in how many reloads did you get out of it before you had to scrap it? I'm thinking magnum calibers more than say .308, but any input would be welcomed.
Also, if anyone can offer up their experiences with their loaded ammo in 7mm Rem Mag, & .300 Win Mag, it would be appreciated as well.

My thoughts are that if it's half way decent brass, it might almost be worth buying the ammo, & tearing it apart for the components. That, or stocking up on some for the hunt, & range time, and winding up with some cases to use for reloading.

Thanks

Last edited:
I shot a box in 6.5x55 and it was excellent. Including ES and SD.
I had already bought a bunch of lapua brass, tho, so I have no plans to reload the ppu in the Swede.
I did load it in 556 a couple years ago and it seemed to work fine, run and gun ammo.

I only have experience with their .308 ammo. Their standard ammo is crap, the 145gr, but their match ammo is great. Easily sub moa out of my rifle. I've also reloaded twice with ppu brass and its slightly thicker than regular brass so you can't load it to higher powder levels even within book safe levels without some over pressure. If you have a load made up already and it's on the low end of the amount of powder that's safe then so far it's been great brass.

I've been loading privi brass for my buddies 300 win mag and I've been working with 50 pieces. So far I've only pitched 3 pieces due a spot on the case head that looked like a crack but possibly been fine for one more. Didnt wanna try it. I'm on the 4th loading and all have been sized. Necks are holding up and no spring back. Another observation is the primer pockets are for the most part very uniform. I use a uniform tool and takes very little brass out. I did have to ream the flash hole though. My buddy has another 60 rounds to shoot up to fire form but he's a smaller guy and the rifle is light which equals him getting the crap kicked out of him.

Thanks guys, I Really appreciate the info. It's just the kind of stuff I was looking for. And of course any more would be a bonus, on top of what's already here.
dustinoif3, as a base line for me, what's the load you're running in that .300WM? Me knowing such will give me an idea of how hot the loads are vs. brass life.

Last edited: