• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on High Standard 22 rifle

larryh128

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
Michigan Thumb Area
Wondering what thoughts are as to resale value of a High Standard 22 rifle that's branded for Sears? I acquired it in a trade, wood is solid but needs a refinish job from wear, metal is good. It sat in a safe unfired for about 30 years. I ran a few rounds thru it, quite accurate but seems like it needs a complete action cleaning. Trying to decide whether to sell it or make it a plinker. Any ideas welcome.

Wondering what thoughts are as to resale value of a High Standard 22 rifle that's branded for Sears? I acquired it in a trade, wood is solid but needs a refinish job from wear, metal is good. It sat in a safe unfired for about 30 years. I ran a few rounds thru it, quite accurate but seems like it needs a complete action cleaning. Trying to decide whether to sell it or make it a plinker. Any ideas welcome.
Much as I absolutely love Hi-Standard, I’ve never been drawn to these rifles. Have been tempted as an LGS has at least 3-4 of identical design with different brand names, some with branded scopes.
Love the handguns 👍

hoard it , I mean keep it it's a good old gun like an old truck you let it sit for 20 years and it will start right up and run ( with a bunch of carb spray or fuel and a spark) maybe not today , tomorrow , next week , or next year but one day you would miss that old 22 so why sell what you can take to the range ( still cause they (the commies ) are trying to take that right away from you and you never know if you will ever be able to get another like the one you have never join the crowd of people who can say I used to own one but I sold it they are sad people , who used to have hopes and dreams . Be part of the group that hold there hands up and say I own one or 15 gun people are funny that way .. best of luck with what ever you decide to do ( keep it ) you kept the kids , and the wife and the cat and dog but the gun is the only one of that group that will never talk back to you unless you want it to .

I don't need it at all. I have a super accurate 10-22 Target rifle and a browning take down. I'm trying to thin the herd a bit so my wife has less of a pain in the ass down the road.

You did not say what model,I have three jc Higgins mod29,30,31 all made by high standard high quality good shooters worth$150-250 maybe 350 todays crazy prices