• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions on LaRue QD Scope Mounts?

Re: Opinions on LaRue QD Scope Mounts?

LaRue customer service is the best in the business. I ordered an ACOG and matching mount from them once and when it arrived I saw that the mount they included was for an EOTech, not an ACOG. I called them up and the person I spoke with apologized, and asked if I owned an EOTech. I told him that I did (issued). He replied, keep the EOTech mount free of charge and we are overnight shipping you an ACOG mount at our expense! Wow! It doesn't get better than that folks.

But back to the original topic, I'm considering LaRue QD mounts for my new Remington 700 XCR. I know that Badger are bomb-proof but if I put the LaRue mounts on correctly is there really a downside to using them on the XCR Compact? I'm looking at the LT719 and LT113 (rail) combo. Besides, my wife says I have to make another LaRue order because we ran out of dillo dust. ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brett B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that have the SPR-S (LT-158) is it noticeably lower than the LT-104? I have read that the LT-158 mounts a 30mm scope at 1.42" and the LT-104 is a 1.5" centerline. I prefer the lower LT-158 for a better cheek weld, but don't really want/need the 10 MOA of elevation. So if it's not all that different, I will just get the LT-104.

Which one do you prefer and why?

This is for mounting a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 on a Sig 556, but the combo max eventually be moved to a FN SCAR. </div></div>

It is noticeably lower. Perfect height if you ask me. There is no disadvantage to having 10moa of forward cant. Actually I don't see why every mount doesn't have 10moa forward cant as a standard. Besides more adjustment range, you also have more centered optical elements after zeroing. (which supposedly causes less distortion.) I really don't see why anybody wouldn't "want" this.

If you've ever looked, SPR-S mounts sell FAST. Before I bought the pile of SPR-S mounts I currently have, I was always watching the Post Exchange for them, and they'd sell quick. If you want a mount that will sell easily and retain it's value, this is the one.

For optic height, here's one of my AR's setup with the SPR-S.

SPR_Suppressed.jpg

The main problem if you tighten too much is that it takes a crowbar to get it back off (LOL). At that point, the "QD" feature pretty much <span style="font-style: italic">isn't</span>.

It happens sometimes when I switch from one platform to another, where the rail width is obviously just a little bit wider.

It's really not a big deal, a screwdriver or even a small piece of wood will allow you to get the lever back open if you force it all the way shut when too tight.

I'd be really surprised if you could tighten one up enough to actually break the lever or damage it...more of just a nuisance issue, really. The best thing is not to force the lever all the way shut when it feels too tight...just back it off a bit, then try to close it.

The only real propblem I have with the Larues is the ring spacing. There's not enough space between the rings to clear the turret housing on a USO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For optic height, here's one of my AR's setup with the SPR-S.

SPR_Suppressed.jpg
</div></div>
Is that a 56mm NF on there?

I don't know if his is a 50 or 56, but I mounted a 56mm NXS with the SPR-S before and it cleared. It was close but it made it.

i just sighted in a scope with larue qd mounts. i zeroed at 300, took the scope off and put it back on. on a 5 shot group it appeared my poi shifted about 1/2 inch. not to bad in my book

I originally mounted an LT-104 on a BT rail on an HK-93 but found that it was a little too high off of the barrel centerline to make me happy. Replace it with a set of NF ultralights that were lower and am satisfied with the results. I am keeping the LT-104 for a future project. Impressive scope mount.