• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

opinions on pof p308

mrwiggins

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
Louisiana
the title says it all guys, if you own one or have owned one, tell me what you think. what would be a good price on one?

I'm interested because i know someone who might be willing to sell me one, cosmetically perfect with 300 rounds down the pipe.

i did a search, but my google fu isn't strong tonight.

Re: opinions on pof p308

I hear nothing but great things about the latest generation. I own the 1st generation P308 without the roller cam, anti walk pins and forward assist. I had to upgrade to the roller cam and pmags to get it to feed/eject reliably, but am happy as can be with it. I just wish I could get the anti walk pins at a cheaper price from POF since I did buy their rifle. I hate that I had to buy the roller cam at full price to help out with reliability. Other than that it is a great rifle, the newer generation has addressed the problems and you will be pleased if you get one.

I only have about 100 rounds through ming so far. Some feeding issues with the stock DPMS mag. I have a pmag that I am going to try. Other than that so far so good.

I dont own the .308 version, but I do have the 16" .556 version. I give it five stars. These rifles are built tough!!!
My wallet cried when I purchased it, or maybe that was me, but the GPSD systems really work. If you got the extra money, I don't think you will be dissappointed. You may also want to check out the S.C.A.R. heavy by FNH. I here some spec-ops units are fielding these and love um'.

I love my 308. Runs like a singer, more than accurate enough for me. Was shooting groundhogs at 400+ this summer with an AAC 762 sd. Buy once, Cry once.

Love mine. Opened my eyes to how accurate a precision auto can be....with handloads I have been very impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrwiggins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the title says it all guys, if you own one or have owned one, tell me what you think. what would be a good price on one?

I'm interested because i know someone who might be willing to sell me one, cosmetically perfect with 300 rounds down the pipe.

i did a search, but my google fu isn't strong tonight. </div></div>

Love mine. Thank you very much Scottmilk9. It shoots awesome I am shocked at how accurate it can be compared to my bolt gun. In fact, I have been shooting it more than my AIAW (sad but true). If you are looking for one, PM Scottmilk9 here on the hide. He is GTG. Service his top notch.

I have a 20" 308 and love it. sub moa and runs perfect!

I seriously considered the pof before I bought the dpms lrt sass, just couldn't stomach paying that much, but a likely upgrade for the future. I've handled their 223 versions and was very impressed.

For what it is worth, the LRT SASS accuracy was better than I expected in the first outing, was shooting just over an MOA at 100 yds with 155gr Winchester supreme and have been told that 165gr is likely to be more accurate.

I own the P.308 with a 20inch barrel and couldnt be happier!

They are decently priced and can be had for less than MSRP on Gunbroker any day of the week.

The platform is extremely well thought out and no corners where cut in the design or manufacture of the gun.

I have owned my p.308 for a couple of years and owned a couple of the 5.56 models since 04.

Shoots like a dream and will work without fail. So far it has shot every type of ammo I have tossed at it. I would say that the Hornaday 168, FGMM 168, Winchester supermach 168, and the 155 scenar hand loads work out well for the gun.

If you are able to try one out at a local range or look one over at a gun store and compare it to other ar style builds and go from there.

Also check out their website www.pof-usa.com plenty of info there too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20" 308 and love it. sub moa and runs perfect! </div></div>

Ditto. A real nice shooting rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20" 308 and love it. sub moa and runs perfect!</div></div>

Ditto. I have one as well with the same comments.

I have a 16" model and have just been getting to know it. Haven't had it very long. Went and shot it some more today as I am working up a load for it. Love the way it shoots. I am sub MOA now.

I also have a DPMS LR308 that is a nice gun and very accurate. It is more violent to shoot than the gas piston POF. One of my favorite things about the POF is the bolt assembly stays so clean. The DPMS gets real cruddy in the bolt area with the DI system.

Haha yea I took my new LMT MWS out with my POF P308 today. Man the MWS kicks like a mule compared to the POF. The MWS is more controllable and handy to maneuver. Accuracy on both is damn good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoBenz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha yea I took my new LMT MWS out with my POF P308 today. Man the MWS kicks like a mule compared to the POF. The MWS is more controllable and handy to maneuver. Accuracy on both is damn good.</div></div>

The POF muzzle brake is very effective and the LMT just has the comp on it so it is not going to help control recoil like the POF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The POF muzzle brake is very effective</div></div>

And loud I might add!