• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on Ruger Predator

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
No feelings towards them, but looks like a decent price available on one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I really haven't looked at them so I figured I'd ask here.

I picked one up for my kid. It was the package with the vortex. Overall it shoots well under MOA. I haven't actually shot it for groups after the initial zero. But I used 3 different kinds of ammo and all were under MOA.

Seller is asking $850 with a Vortex Viper 4-16 and an Odin Works compensator. Might have to ask if there's ammo, too.

I don't know much about the viper. But I think the package i got came with the crossfire for around $550.

I saw that package after you mentioned it. The 4-16 is around $400 and the comp looks like $100.

The have one in .308 and I really like the rifle. I will say that the stock sucks. I put mine in a Magpul American Hunter and that helped tremendously with the balance and feel.
I also bought a new bolt handle from Anarchy Outdoors that I like.

I ordered a left hand 6.5 American Predator through Academy for my son. It shoots, and it shoots well. 142 SMK behind 40.6 H4350 puts them in there. Now, it's rough, but it shoots.

I owned one. It was easily a 3/4 MOA gun, even down to 1/2 MOA. I didn't replace anything, totally stock running Hornady match ammo. There are tons of people who have seen the same results so i think its safe to say these have been pretty consistently accurate rifles.

I had one prior to the Magpul stocks coming out and it was a shooter for sure. Pretty decent trigger but the stock and mag absolutely sucked. I had to sell it a while ago. I would strongly consider another one if the price was right. With a little bit of shopping I think you could do better with finding a Tikka. Much better aftermarket and all in all a better rifle. Especially if you are going to be spending the money on a new stock.

I had a standard Ruger American in 30-06 when they first came out. I sold it and then got a American predator in 308. They are both very accurate rifles and I am very happy with them for the price. They make a great cheap, light weight hunting rifle. The customer service with Ruger has been good in my experience also.

I have an American Predator in an Oryx chassis with a Vortex PST II, It'll shoot 1 1/2" @ 200 yards, and easily hits 10" steel at 500 yards with 140 ELD Hornady, hard to beat for a $400 rifle in a $400 chassis.