• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on Sellier & Bellot ammo in 6.5 cm?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Has anyone tried Sellier & Bellot ammo in 6.5 cm, either the regular 140gr FMJBT #65A, or the S&B "Precision" 142gr HPBT #65E?

I guess I'll find out if my T3x likes either.

Often I've read that S&B ammo (Czech Republic) is a bit hotter than American ammo.

Anyone ever reload S&B rifle brass?

ETA: I have some Winchester and Federal coming too.

Last edited:
A friend brought someone out to a range session last year using it in an AR10 platform, it was way hot to the point of not extracting when left in direct sunlight. A small lunchbox type cooler is probably a wise idea.

My R700 didn't like the 140 FMJ unless it was cold outside. Hard bolt lift and flattened primers when it was above 60F or the ammo had been sitting in the sun. Likewise, the velocities would fluctuate sometimes over + or -50 fps outside of SD based on temp. Regardless of temp it was always slow, high 2400s to mid 2500s. I don't understand showing pressure signs while being the slowest 140 gr ammo I've ever used. It did shoot sub-moa though. Low BC so don't expect great performance at distance. It's cheap, not nearly as cheap as it was, so if your rifle likes it and doesn't show pressure signs then it's decent practice ammo. I have no experience with the 142 match. I'd bet money it's the same temp sensitive powder with the same problems. Luckily, my local Academy has Hornady Black( same as American Gunner) 140 HPBT in regular supply these days even if it is $29 a box now. Likewise, the 130 gr norma match is pretty cheap online and easy enough to find.

Had a few students with it Not very good results. The Semi Autos tended to jam and groups in several rifles were less then impressive

Reactions: Milf Dots
My Savage shoots it well, my Tikka not so well. Good enough for plinking.
I found some flash holes off center and culled those, the rest I reloaded and had good luck with them, better than Hornady. YMMV
Primer pockets are tight.

Just about the time that covid hit, a ran into a fellow who was shooting S&B. Using 65 CM he said it got him otu to 600 yards just fine and did not need to reload, because the S&B shot just fine. He gave me his brass when he was done shooting, however, i have never reloaded it. Later that day I stopped at a little gunshop on the way home and they had it for sale for $17.00 which even in pre-Covid times was a lot less expensive than American factory rounds. Don’t remember the rifle he was shooting.

I have shot it (142) a bit in my Lithgow 105, wouldn't say I noticed any significant difference to hornady 140 hpbt or eld factory ammunition. BC isn't amazing and velocityis a bit less, maybe a bit more smoke than hornady. Shot out to 900 ok. Probably depends on your rifle.

Reactions: Milf Dots