• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions? Stiller Tac 30 for a new .308 build?

juniorARshooter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2007
Alabama
Gents
I am starting a new build and thinking seriously about a Stiller TAC 30 for a .308 tactical rifle build. I have used a Stiller Predator for several years in F-Class and other long range shooting and it is great. Anyone with experience using the Tac 30?? Likley I will get the receiver set up for the AW magazines. Just looking for some honest input and thoughts before I spend the cash with Jerry and the gang.
Thanks in advance

Re: Opinions? Stiller Tac 30 for a new .308 build?

i have never used the tac but i could not be happier with my predator. i also could not be happier with stillers customer service. i was in a pinch and needed my action early. they i called and they got it to me 2 weeks before the expected date. thats not the norm out of a custom action company.

as a matter of fact manners saved my ass aswell on that trip

It's mostly what I use, you will be very happy. There are a few great action companys out there, Stiller is one of those with great customer service to go along with their quality products. The action is drilled for pinning the scope rail so there is never any side movement. The extractor is also a great improvement. I love them, and can't wait to get my next batch. Good luck with your project.

Had a Stiller & hated it!!

Check out Surgeon and Defiance Machine actions.

I run a Still Tac and love the thing, rifle is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and its a tack driver for sure!

I had Jerry Stiller build a rifle for me using the TAC 30 action and I couldn't be happier with it. His customer service excellent and so is his product. I don't think you could go wrong with a Stiller action.

they are the best great product and sevice. I have a tac-30 and is shoots great

I have a TAC 30 out of the first batch (#12 or 13) and it has run several thousand rounds with no issues whatsoever.

I am interested to hear what Buckey hated about 'em though.

Buckey - could you please tell me why you were not satisfied with the Stiller action

thanks

I had my 280AI built off a TAC-300 action which is the same but longer. No complaints at all. I wouldnt hesitate to have another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM's sent. </div></div>it is obvious he has no basis for his comments as the "pm' sent comment proves. tac-30s are a very good actions as you can see from the comments

erdmann,

I do have "basis", but they ain't going public - Not here to bash Stiller actions.

A question was asked on opinions of Stiller actions & I voiced mine, just like you voiced yours. So don't talk out your ass & say I don't have a "basis" - you have no insight to my situation!!!

If other guys like them & the action works for them, then great no problems from me, but I went with other options. People don't always like the same item/product - use what YOU like & don't look back.

I had issues with mine. More like the bolt then anything else. Stiller was using the old style 2 peice Kiff bolt and it would crater any load I put the gun through. I managed to break the bolt handle off the body, and for some reason the bolt lugs didn't seem like they had full contact with the receiver lugs. I had Chad Dixon bush the firing pin hole and weld the bolt handle to the body and when I had APA rebarrel the rifle, they also lapped the bolt lugs to the action for full contact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">erdmann,

I do have "basis", but they ain't going public - Not here to bash Stiller actions.

A question was asked on opinions of Stiller actions & I voiced mine, just like you voiced yours. So don't talk out your ass & say I don't have a "basis" - you have no insight to my situation!!!

If other guys like them & the action works for them, then great no problems from me, but I went with other options. People don't always like the same item/product - use what YOU like & don't look back. </div></div>quote=Buckey],easy on the ASS. Opinion without any facts Now that's insight! You should be able to give Opinion without "bashing" that is how we all make decisions on what we buy