• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Opinions wanted for scope base mounts

Phantom F4E

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Hide members please educate me. Lovely wifey is watching me like a hawk. I need to replace a defective mount for my Rem 700 action w/ 8-40 screw holes. I cannot buy the NF or Leupy mounts . What are your opinions of Talley or Warne picatinny mounts. I know the Warnes' are steel, not sure of the Talley's. I am not looking for extreme heavy-duty use,but I do not want crap either. Thanks to all

Talleys are nice, I am using the TPS Steel with recoil lug , very nice fit and finish , I had great customer service from TPS direct.

I second the TPS, I believe they offer steel or aluminum, also check out Seekins. both good brands and won't break the bank. The money you save can buy something to distract the hawk!