• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns opportuniy to buy a '94 w. german sig 225

corey4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
pittsburgh pa
one of my clients has a '94 w. german (i do not remember if the slide or frame was stamped) sig 225. comes with the original mint factory box, test target, and various paper work.

should i jump on it? and how much. i would say it is a B- or C+ on condition. is this a good time frame for sigs?

West German 225 are great guns. Sounds like you have all of the accessories as well. If the price is right I would get it.

That is a steal! Even if it is a P6 or a Montage Suisse 225 that is a good price.

The price is about $150 south of what it should be. I wouldn't look down my nose at a P6 po-po trade-in. As I recall on another forum, someone had a .sig line that said something like "The SIG 225 is proof that God loves man," which puts it into the category of beer and bacon. Finding magazines is an issue, or at least it was when I last went looking, and it's one of those pieces where 1 really does equal 0 if one or another small part goes TU.

I have a number of Sigs and that is a good deal. Just checked on GB and it looks like a $400 to $600 range depending on condition, number of mags, etc. You mentioned it had the original box which is a plus. I would go for it at $300 as you can always sell it later and make a few bucks.

I hope you've purchased this already... My dad has one of these, and it is a great little shooter. Quite accurate...

i checked the price on GB, and like armiger and veerg said, the prices being asked are 4-600. the gun isn't perfect as far as condition. but for $300, what the hell. i am going to see my client today, so hopefully she has time to go to an FFL with me.

mkollman, the gun is mine, we just have not exchanged $ or paper work. hopefully today!

got it yesterday. cleaned it up today. the carbon build up was very minimal, but 20 years of collecting dust under the grips and hard to reach areas was pretty bad. nothing that a q-tip and compressed air couldn't reach. i could tell the gun hasn't had a detail cleaning in YEARS. the basic cleaning seemed to have been kept up.

it shined up nicely. range report and pics coming when i have the time. stupid 14 hour days...

Good for you. These are getting a bit harder to find and at that price you will not regret it. Glad it cleaned up nice.