• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ops Inc M4-S shooting impressions

dmtsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2006
Virginia
I finally got to shoot the M4-S and took the 12th along also. I took the GAP 223 22" barrel and 12.5" SBR. I was shooting Black Hills 223 75gr red box in the GAP and Federal XM193 brown box in the SBR.

GAP 223
The GAP with the M4-S I was shooting without hearing protection with no ringing in my ears at all. The sound was greater than when using the 12th model of course, but not bothersome. I put the ear muffs on after 20 rounds just because I usually use hearing protection when shooting with all my suppressors in rifles. The point of impact at 100 meters was dead center, no change that I could detect but I was shooting fairly rapidly off of a bipod only and the barrel on that GAP is FAT so I was not expecting any point of impact shift. I didn't shoot the GAP without a can tonight.

12.5" SBR

I fired a couple of rounds without any can and that rifle roars with the brake on the end and the concussion is fierce(hearing protection was used).
I fired a few rounds with the 12th w/out hearing protection no problem/no ringing in MY ears. Everyone is different and I work in Industry so I'm around loud noises everyday(just a little background).
I put the M4-S on next and shot 20 rounds with hearing protection to gage if I wanted to brave taking the muffs off and also to sight in my new Aimpoint H-1. I could tell a big difference between this and the rifle with just the brake, the concussion was drastically reduced. I was inclined to take the muffs off next. I shot one round and while it was loud it did ring my ears but just slightly so I decided to just crank the other 19 rounds off w/out hearing protection and while it was loud when I was done my ears were not ringing but It felt like there was some slight pressure on my ear drums(sometimes you have to take one for the team) but that didn't last too long and I was talking to some other people at the range and nothing sounded different(not very scientific I know). I then preceded to fire a few more boxes at the steel around the range for fun(wearing protection). Point of impact between this and the 12th model was dead center but it shot about 1-2" higher at 50 meters than the 12th model(the barrel is light weight and I knew it would move some). There was a lady at the range and she said you could see fire coming out the end of the rifle when shooting, the sun was going down and getting a little dark. I'm seriously thinking about having my Larue Stealth 16" set up for this can also.

I think this can is great for what it was built for and it has found a home on my 12.5' SBR and If I go shoot some groundhogs or crows i will probably throw it on my longer rifles for the compactness and light weight to carry and sound reduction. I don't think its for everyone because it's not going to make all the people ohhhh and Ahhhh when you light it up at the range. It is a great can for a home defense and vehicle weapon IMHO because my little rifle handles really good and is super compact.

I'm very happy with my purchase and would like to thank ADCO for getting this thing made. I would also like to see Ops Inc make something like this in 308, say a 3rd model with about 3 baffles for my AR10( are you reading this Ron).

David
For all you english majors I would just like to apologize now for you having to read my bad writing, run on sentences etc etc
smiley_abused.gif

Re: Ops Inc M4-S shooting impressions

Very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to write it up. I really want to get one of these!
smile.gif

Re: Ops Inc M4-S shooting impressions

I just wanted to let everyone know I do not suggest shooting a rifle can without hearing protection ever, unless shooting subsonics.