• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic for AR

AR-fan

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2010
kentucky
I am thinking of putting a optic on my AR that would be better for longer range. Right now I have a Aimpoint, I did have a ACOG, but took it off. I am wanting something that is at least a 10X top end, must be variable. Money is an issue more now than what it was when I bought the others. I am really looking at something around $100. I want something that I can put on my AR and deer hunt and hog hunt with at longer ranges. I really want something that is tacticool too. Anyone have any thoughts about anything.

I hate to admit it, but I am thinking about a Center Point 4-16 from Wally World. I know I know, but I have had good luck with them in the past when I bought a Savage .308 with the HS Precision stock. It held up really good and stayed on the rifle the entire time I owned it.

Any information would be grateful, thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Optic for AR

The cheapest best value you should consider is the Bushnell 3200 10x. Watch the SWFA sample list for good deals. Don't buy junk, you'll regret it.

I have the IOR QR-TS and I love it. I was thinking of getting an Acog but I didn't like the price, warranty, internal adjustments, or the reticle choices so I saved about $200-300 and am completely satisfied with everything. The only thing that the acog has that the QT-RS doesn't is the Fiber-optic and Tritium illumination, the QT-RS uses batteries (which is fine with me). Another plus for QR-ST is the the "always" solid black horse shoe, it is easy and fast to use and easy to get on targets in the brightest conditions. Sometimes Acog reticles get washed out. If you can get your hands on both and compare them that would be great so you can see what you like, but if not do the research before you spend over $600.

Did you figure in the cost of the mount? Most optics need some form of cantilever mount to provide proper eye relief for NTCH (or close) shooting.

Ok, I'll be the one to say it. At what "longer range" are you planning on hunting? I have had no problems with 4x Scopes out to 250+ yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mueller APT...nuff said. Has held up through several hundred rounds of my .308, rock solid. MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better optics than the CenterPoint. And its $145 shipped. </div></div>
This for sure! Great scope for the money. I have one on a CZ452 and I've been so impressed with it I've been thinking of getting another one just fun and to aid load development on my AR.

$100? Really? Spend it on ammo then. You're better off saving up for a bit: there is a huge difference in quality between a $100 scope and a $300-$400 scope.Or look for a used 3-9x40 hunting scope. You could probably pick up a Nikon Buckmaster used for around $100: great stuff.