• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Optic for Beretta Slug Barrel Needed

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
I tried a NF 1-4X24 with a Larue SPR 1.5 mount turned around so I could get the proper eye relief.

But the mount rocks side to side on the rail, It just ain't right.

This is something that will only be used 2-3 weeks a year.

Would a good red dot sight or something similiar do the job just as good for alot less money.

I doubt that this would be shot at more than 50 yards most of the time.

Re: Optic for Beretta Slug Barrel Needed

There are plenty of quality 1-4x illuminated variables on the market today that will suit your needs. How much optical clarity do you need at 50 yards? A red dot would be fine for that distance but when you get that shot of a lifetime at 150 yards, not so much.

Millet DMS-1 can be had for under $200. Burris TAC30 for $270 or CMR for $250 would work too. All illuminated reticles.

Yes, go with a red dot or a reflex for those distances. Burris Fastfire, Trijicon, Doctor, Aimpoint, etc will all fit the bill. Only cost and size preferences will dictate what is for you.

Plenty of good options out there for you. On the higher end you can go with a CompML3 or EOTech. EOTech has some nice literature about their A65 reticle being used for hunting. They even illustrate that you can gauge approximate distance based on the size of a deer with the 65 MOA reticle. The 512 or 516 would be great choices. Also, Nikon has a nice red dot out. The Monarch red dot is pretty versatile at a great price. I used one of these at a shoot with Nikon in St. Louis. It has a 11 position rheostat for brightness and a adjustable dot MOA from 1,4,6,8, to 10 MOA. Nice fetaure if your bouncing around from close shots out to 100+ yards shots.