• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Optic for GAP 10

DJAG1381

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2012
Dallas, TX
Just traded a bolt gun for a GAP 10. I have the Premier 5-25x56 that was on my bolt gun but kind of feel like that's more than I need. Anyone have an optic they loved for a GAP 10 or similar AR 10?

What caliber? I would have different scope requirements if trying to take advantage of having a 6 or 6.5 Creedmoor vs a 308 for example. What the rifles primary use is would make a big difference also. I guess caliber wouldn't even be much to consider if primary use is shooting practical size targets within 800 yards or so.

Sorry, should have specified. It's a .308. I'd probably stretch out to 1000yds since I shoot my other bolt to that distance anyway.

Well, no matter what you decide, there is certainly nothing wrong with the optic you have. A lot of guys think it's sacrilegious to use more that 10x. Me, I enjoy my magnification. I have some 8.5-25 Mk IV's on my long barreled .308 AR's. I don't mind it a bit past 600. You know, 6-20's aren't bad. But like I said, you own that optic, try it out. Rings and mounts are the tricky part now.

This would be a great fit for a GAP-10. Even has a Gap-spec'd reticle ;)

bushnell_lrhs_f.jpg

Appreciate the thoughts. Definitely going to test out my current optic before shifting to a new one. Thanks.

Also give the NF F1 a play. I find it well suites for gas guns with the MLR 2.0 reticle.

Hehe I'm running a S&B 5-25 on my Larue OBR. I used to a run a Nightforce F1 on it that I thought was the perfect size and magnification for it, but I had no rifle to put my S&B on so...

I wouldn't go higher than a 3-17x on a 308. Just too much glass for the gun. I honestly loved having a 1.8-10 on my 308 upper. It's perfect for anything under 800. Don't over glass that gas gun!

My NF 5.5-22 X 50 works just fine, I can always dial down. Might move it to my GAP 260 but it works fine

I have a 5-25 PM11 on mine with MSR reticle and really like it. I don't think it's too much scope at all. I rarely shoot it below 17 power because this rifle is so accurate that anything under 600 yards is boring. I hit a 12x12 at 640 yards with mine so often it's become boring..

Here have been my favorite on an AR10 so far.
Bushnell tactical 3.5-21x50mm
Nightforce 3.5-15x50mm FFP/SFP
KAHLES K312i 3-12x50mm
Leupold MK6 3-18
And for cost the VORTEX PST 4-16x

We SALE them ALL so if we can be of help let me know.

Mike CSTACTICAL

I'm taking my Vortex Razor HD 5-20 off my Rem 700 .308 and putting it on my GAP-10 .308

depending on your budget s&b 3-20 or one of the new 5-20 shorts would be good. what is the barrel length? if it's a 16 inch, the 2.5-10 nightforce scopes are a good fit.

My first suggestion would be the NF 2.5-10x42. Good little scope with great reviews. I had a 32mm version on my AR10 before I sold it. Saves you about a half pound or more on the bigger scopes. I did like having the extra magnification on the high end when I had a 3-15x on it, but found if I was shooting with the intention of quick follow-up shots at 300-400 yards I was backing it off a little. All that said, I'm intrigued enough by the new March 3-24x52 that I pre-ordered one. It's going on a bolt gun but would make for a great multi-purpose AR10 scope in my mind: lightweight, high magnification range, and illuminated (if you need it). Hasn't come out or been tested yet, but looks pretty promising. It's high end on the budget spectrum though.