• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic for RPR 308

Pivots

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2017
What would be a well-suited scope for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 308 gen 2? I am planning to shoot 100-600m.

I am considering Vortex Razor G2 and NF ATACR. Are there better suited options?

My brother put a Vortex Viper FFP G2 6-24(x50?) on the same rifle. The first time out ringing steel at 400 got boring quickly. He's real happy with the combo.

Now we just need to find a place to stretch it out further.

I have a Vortex Razor Gen 2 and its an amazing scope, you wont regret it. With that said, if I could do it over I might have sprung for the SB 5-25.

Is Bushnell ERS 3.5-21x50 a good alternative? What would be its limitation? Is it comparable to Vortex?

While the ERS is not at the level of the gen 2 Razor, it should still get the job done. I think it would work just fine on that gun.

I just put a Bushnell DMR II 3.5-21 on my RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I haven't shot it yet, but it seems like a good scope for the price.

In the end I got NF 5-25x56 ATACR... zero this weekend!

You should absolutely NOT regret that. You are up in the tier one scopes with the NF. I have owned or been behind scopes from S&B, NF, Kahles, US Optic, Vortex Razor. At this level, it becomes personal preference, and reticle.
You will not be lacking anything in the NF ATACR.

I had some cordite-therapy today while zeroing my RPR-NF setup... grin-factor 10/10!
86c5628652de28b9cdab1efea7a5e83c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are just shooting 100 to 600 meters get the Vortex Razor gen 1. Still a great scope loads of travel and if you get it from Mile high Shooting they give you the Spuhr mount of your choice. I think the combo is about $1700. Use one on my AI-AE 308 shooting out over 1000 Yards all the time with no issues.

Pivots, what bipod u running? Also, muzzle break come with it or u buy it?

I have a standard muzzle brake... bi-pod is a good quality clone of sort... will have to check the details when I get to the range, where I go it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk