• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic options for 6.5

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Hey all, looking into some optics for my new tikka CTR. I plan on getting into longer range shooting, I have access to 400 yards on the regular, 600 and 1000 yards two different locations, same landowner, but it’s difficult to schedule with him, but it’s available a few times a year.

Anyway I’m looking for an optic that I can grow into, without spending $2k on a night force or a vortex Amg.
I found a retailer that has the vortex viper pst gen II 5x25x50 for $899 plus shipping. I’m just wondering if there’s a better option under the $1000 dollar mark. I’d like the zoom range to be similar to a 5x25, it’s overkill but I’ll grow into it as I progress. I’d also like to stick with a FFP optic.

Anybody have any opinions or recommendations?
Be nice since I’m an idiot when it comes to optics 😂

Good option here if you don’t need illumination. H59 reticle. It’s just a bit over the $1000 mark

Couple others that come to mind would be Athlon ETR/Used Athlon Cronus

Reactions: Frgood
Never even considered a bushnell, I didn’t even know they made optics that compete in the ranges I’m looking at. My first Diana pellet gun game with just irons so after I got decent enough my old man took me to Walmart and I bought a bushnell 2x7 “rifle scope” with my allowance money. That’s the last bushnell I looked through. 20 years ago.

I've got a PST II on my Ruger 6.5 and I don't have any problems with steel at 1000 yards, or at least at the 985 yards of the longest range I have access. Glass is good, tracking is spot on. Glass isn't as good as my Minox, but it's 1/3 the price and you can't beat the warranty.

Big proponent of the Athlon Cronus BTR....a Gen2 if budget allows but Gen1 is a fine scope as well. I compared side by side with a Vortex AMG......I preferred the Cronus. Sold the AMG and bought a 2nd Cronus and pocketed almost $1k.

I had a Bushnell LRTSi with G3 reticle and it was a little thick for me. Great glass tho.

Big proponent of the Athlon Cronus BTR....a Gen2 if budget allows but Gen1 is a fine scope as well. I compared side by side with a Vortex AMG......I preferred the Cronus. Sold the AMG and bought a 2nd Cronus and pocketed almost $1k.

I had a Bushnell LRTSi with G3 reticle and it was a little thick for me. Great glass tho.
Went with an ares etr... it’ll be my first time seeing an Athlon optic, when I get mine this week... I’ve heard good things about them on here