• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optical clarity: Bushnell 3200 10x vs. Weaver GST 3-10x40

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
I own two Weaver GS Tactical 3-10x40s from Midway. I like them quite a bit having shot them to 900yd and hunting with them in hardwoods and river bottoms, and think they are the best option for a budget variable power mil/mil optic.

I am considering a Bushnell 3200 10x40 from Midway for a budget range-only rifle to save a few bucks, as I don't think variable power is necessary for that use. I am curious if anybody has used both of these two budget scopes, and if so, how the Bushnell optically compares with the Weaver when it is set on 10x.

I've put them side by side and cannot tell a difference. Obviously there are variations from scope to scope, but I think you'll be happy with the Bushnell for $100 cheaper if you don't need variable power.

I would also recommend a fixed power SWFA SS instead. I have a 10x Bushnell and just bought a 3-15 SS and am considering selling the Bushnell for a 6x SS now. I guess I need to try them both on 10x side by side but I was used to the Bushnell and felt that the SWFA glass was an upgrade when I first used it.

Just thought to add that the SWFA uses a 30mm tube so if you upgrade scopes and decide to sell yours later you will have a better chance of being able to reuse your rings.

Last edited:
I've owned one of each, both bought in 2008-09 from MidwayUSA as their mil/mil special models. In my examples with the Weaver was noticeably better for clarity and brightness. They both worked "fine" in very moderate use. I wouldn't buy either one today - I'd look at the SS fixed power, or if the budget allows the Burris MTAC 3.5-10x, which has a gen2 reticle and really good glass relative to its price.