• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Optics 1 ECOTI Latest Fusion Available Commercially Exclusively Through TNVC

TNVC_Augee

TNVC Product Dev., Marketing, Training
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2017
PA
www.tnvc.com
They said it couldn't be done...

__MOE6603-1699735.jpg

At TNVC, we have always strived to bring the absolute best in night vision, thermal and visual augmentation systems technology to all of our customers – military, law enforcement, and civilian. We’re extremely proud to announce that we have partnered with Optics 1 to bring the most advanced thermal overlay system available, direct from the manufacturer with full customer and product support as the Exclusive Commercial Distributor of the ECOTI Enhanced Clip-On Thermal Imager.

$8,399 Full Kit - Includes ECOTI, Mounting Bracket (PVS-14 and PVS-31 BNVD/GPNVG Options Available), Operators' Manual, Quick Reference Card, 2x CR123 Batteries

AND FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY during our Black Friday Sale, TNVC will be automatically upgrading all orders to free overnight shipping (expected delivery early-January 2020) for all ECOTI units purchased between now and December 4th.

At Tactical Night Vision Company, we are not only retailers of Night Vision, Thermal, and other Visual Augmentation Systems technology, but not only do many of us come from professional end-user communities, we are also first and foremost enthusiasts--we're in this business because we love it and we want to share it, not just to make money.

For years various products that we have been sold have been restricted to government sales only, usually due to a combination of the sensitivity of the technology and high demand from government customers. These restrictions are imposed by the manufacturers, not by TNVC, and it breaks our hearts when we see badass technology that we are not allowed to sell to commercial customers, and all legal U.S. citizens and patriots. While VAS technologies are not covered under the Second Amendment explicitly, as warfighters and armed professionals, we understand intimately the advantages and capabilities that these technologies offer any lawfully armed citizen.

Unfortunately some technologies are restricted by law and regulations, and we can no more openly sell these to commercial customers than a firearms manufacturer can sell select-fire weapons to the general public, as much as we may want to. However, for other products, where no legal restrictions exist, we have and will always work tirelessly to make them available to all consumers and citizens, not just government customers or "special snowflakes" who leverage connections and back-door deals to get items that others can't have so they can "flex" online.

ECOTI1-1699751.jpg

The ECOTI is the next generation in Visual Augmentation System (VAS) technologies, and is 100% available NOW to vetted civilian customers exclusively through TNVC (please see below for vetting requirements). ECOTI offers unmatched capabilities and performance, and is truly a game changer.

As the exclusive authorized factory-direct distributor of the ECOTI, TNVC will offer ECOTI’s full suite of accessories, available Q1 2021. Accessories include: 6-Cell GPS-enabled External Battery Pack and Cable, Eyepiece Adapter, Replacement Brackets, and BNVD adapter cable for use with the AN/PVS-31A BNVD’s Cold Weather Battery Pack (CWBP), also available through TNVC.

While we recognize that the ECOTI is not an inexpensive product, its capabilities cannot be matched by any other product on the market–the latest and greatest of military technology does not come without a price. However, at TNVC, we believe that ALL qualified U.S. citizens should be able to own top-of-the line capabilities if they are able, and we have worked tirelessly to make this possible to our customers.

The ECOTI is not a cast-off or obsolete product that didn’t get enough contracts or is taking up space in a warehouse, it is up-to-the-minute Visual Augmentation Systems technology with high demand from military and government customers who are being fielded these systems, and the cost reflects that. The Optics 1 ECOTI utilizes the latest generation Thermal Overlay technology and is currently being fielded to the United States Marine Corps as a part of the Squad Binocular Night Vision Goggle (SBNVG), as well as other U.S. DoD and international SOF entities.

While night vision/thermal fusion has been available for years to military and government customers, ECOTI provides users the advantage of long-wave IR thermal imaging when added to a traditional Image Intensification (I2) night vision device, allowing users to get inside the enemy’s OODA loop by providing unparalleled level of situational awareness, threat and target detection and identification. Moreover, the combination of analog image intensification and digital thermal sensors have allowed Fusion Technology to integrate augmented reality capabilities that would be impossible with traditional analog-only night vision.

ECOTI2-1699753.jpg

Watch the Optics 1 ECOTI Video

Previously available to government customers only, the ECOTI is a small thermal monocular that clips on to a traditional I2 night vision goggle, such as the PVS-14, RNVG, DTNVS, PVS-31A BNVD, SBNVG, and GPNVG. ECOTI is now available to vetted civilian customers exclusively through Tactical Night Vision Company. While some thermal systems have previously been available commercially, they have typically been a generation behind the latest military systems or with uncertain origin.

The ECOTI is a significant improvement over the legacy AN/PAS-29A COTI first introduced almost a decade ago by Optics 1. ECOTI has a 640×480, 60Hz sensor (compared to COTI’s 320×240 / 30Hz), and has increased field of view by 50% from 20[sup]o[/sup] to 30[sup]o[/sup]. It provides the user with a high definition, real-time thermal overlay. Users can select between Outline, Patrol, and Full Thermal modes, as well as white and black hot polarities. It also has pre-programmed environmental settings to provide the best possible detection in a multitude of operating environments.

Despite the numerous enhancements in performance and capabilities compared to the legacy COTI, the ECOTI is almost a full two ounces lighter. To lighten the load even more, ECOTI is also available without the internal CR123 battery and powered by the Optics 1 6-Cell GPS-enabled External Battery Pack.

ECOTI has a multitude of applications for law enforcement and civilian customers. The thermal detection capability is useful for SAR operations, fugitive and suspect pursuit, and hunting in thick brush or heavy vegetation. Unlike other weapon-mounted thermal scopes and handheld thermal monoculars, ECOTI allows users to be heads-up and hands-free.

Unlike Image Fusion systems such as the AN/PSQ-20, FGE, and ENVG-B, the ECOTI is a clip-on thermal overlay with a dedicated power supply. A loss of power or damage to either the night vision goggle or ECOTI does not deadline the entire system; users can use one without the other. They can attach the ECOTI to its Eyepiece Adapter and used as a handheld thermal monocular. Image Fusion systems have complicated and costly maintenance and repairs, leaving users blind in the night.

ECOTI3-1699755.jpg

Optics 1 ECOTI is the next generation of night vision enhancement technology, Available now exclusively through TNVC:

https://tnvc.com/shop/optics1-e-coti/

I interested. Anyone with first-hand experience?

eCOTI is the truth.

The eCOTI has 4-TIMES the number of pixels than the 29A COTI. Just like the COTI, since it’s a circle they are only able to use the smallest dimension of the sensor, so in reality the COTI is 240px and the eCOTI is 480px. Those added pixels and increased image circle make a HUGE difference detecting heat signatures.

I hope we get a .CIV ATAK (which I think exists, but it’s kept hush-hush by the guys developing it). Being able to project AR info on your NODs is JUST. PLAIN. AWESOME.

That said, if I’m being honest, it’s still a real step down from true fusion. The eCOTI is a nice evolution of the COTI, but not having access to the AR stuff really makes .CIV use much more limited. If you have the coin, it’s great. Just don’t go thinking you’re getting a SkeetIR for your DTNVGs.

Yall need to jump on the e-coti. I got in on the last batch before they decided to focus on .gov. This generation is hugely better than the last. Having a true 640x480 sensor you can see anything living within unmagnified distances - including foot falls if conditions are right. Combined with I2 you get a truly usable fusion image at closer ranges. I use mine on both a filmless WP sentinel rig and my PVS14/Skeet IRx frankenfusiongoggle. All you need is an extra mount and you can swap very quickly.

You’ll kick yourself if you miss out on these.

Sentinel Rig Setup

Poor man’s fusion frankengoggle. ;)

Well it does not appear so. Has the same 500 meter detection range on a man sized target as the Pas 29 Coti.

But the E Coti appears to do a great job of allowing the Government to track your movements via its GPS position/link if you into that. :LOL:

Methinks I will stay with the "T Model" Coti.

I’ll be giving her a go. TNVC has my monies already.

Just curious from those that have used both. Is the near triple price worth the squeeze for better image and FOV which is really all I care about. If no one chimes in, I’ll provide feedback.

• Love
Reactions: Eliteuas
I see we started a new thread:

Augee:

The question remains:

What is the cost of the unit with all of the accessories available for it?

- cables
- battery pack
- eCOTI monocular eye piece
- Software options not included with the base kit
- etc

I’ll be giving her a go. TNVC has my monies already.

Just curious from those that have used both. Is the near triple price worth the squeeze for better image and FOV which is really all I care about. If no one chimes in, I’ll provide feedback.

Unequivocally, yes. The e-COTI has much better heat detection, image, and FOV.

Whether or not it's worth the price is going to be a personal decision, but the increased resolution and performance is definitely noticeable and significantly better than the legacy AN/PAS-29A.

There's no secret that I have been a long-time fan of fusion technology, and was a big proponent for the COTI as well before the ECOTI became available (we've been working this effort for some time now), and feel that the COTI itself was a huge asset for users, and it still is--and it still performs the basic function of providing detection that makes it a huge step up from I[sup]2[/sup] alone.

That being said, again, not only is the raw performance of 640x480/60 Hz significant and noticeable, the increase in FOV from 20[sup]o[/sup] to 30[sup]o[/sup] is, I think, in many ways the biggest deal of it all.

While it's "only" a ten degree increase in FOV, it's not only a 50% increase from the legacy COTI, but the thermal channel now fills 75% of the FOV, which makes it "feel" more immersive than the simple ten degree increase would suggest--even if it's just psychological, it "feels" much less restrictive and tunnel vision-y.

@GBMaryland

We're still finalizing the accessory package and final pricing, so please be patient--we'll be announcing it all soon!

Thanks,
~Augee

Last night due to the unbelievable response to the ECOTI we generated another large purchase order to insure the same lead times of late December to January for all current orders!

Thank to all who have ordered. Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Your telling me I need one for both eyeballs?

In an odd reversal for the norm, “get two” is not a good answer here, hahaha

One thing to note is that even with dedicated Fusion systems like the AN/PSQ-36, AN/PSQ-42, and even the GPNVG-FUSED, they all only use a single thermal channel.

While the offset algorithms are quite good at matching the thermal channels with the I2 image, there’s still an offset, and because both ECOTIs can’t occupy the same space at once, they won’t have the exact same offset, running two ECOTIs on the center tubes of a dual system is a surefire way to give yourself a migraine—you feel like a cross-eyed robot, trust me on this, hahaha

That being said, I have contemplated sticking two ECOTIs on the outboard tubes of a GPNVG with the idea that you would generally stay target focused in the center FOV, while the outboard Fusion would alert you to emerging threats in your peripheral/on the flanks, kind of like a low-rent radar. And anyways, who wouldn’t want to wear the cost of an entry-level BMW on their head just because they can???

About the only step up left would be a GPNVG-FUSED with outboard ECOTIs, hahaha

Those who are familiar with me and my posts know that I’ve been a long-time proponent and advocate for Fusion Tech, so needless to say, getting the ECOTI out there for commercial sales has been something very near and dear to my heart, and I’m glad that we can now share this with anyone who wants it—once you start unlocking the true potential of Fusion Technology, you’re seriously starting to get into the Starship Troopers realm of capabilities.

~Augee

First units have arrived! Units will be shipping soon to all who have per-ordered, we are a bit backed up with our staff taking a much needed holiday break last week but they're working incredible hard getting all the orders out. The first units that arrived will not cover all the pre-orders but we have more coming at the end of this month and February.

We are so excited to bring the ECOTI's to the commercial market!

Last edited:
Had a chance to get the ECOTI out last night and walk around with it. This thing is feature-rich and works as advertised.
Unfortunately, I need to sell it If anyone is interested.
Complete kit with 30 minutes of run time on it.
Can ship immediately.

Reactions: mikefraz