• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes optics mount help requested -

justinwatt

Private
Minuteman
After a ton of research (thanks a ton guys, the information available here on this forum made for a pretty easy decision making process.) I decided to go with a 3.5/15x premier reticles gen 2 XR style reticle. I have it ordered now, and all I need is a mount. (this is for a LWRC 20 inch REPR.) After doing more research, I found that it seems the two best choices are going to be the SPUHR mount or possibly the larue SPR. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

J.

Re: optics mount help requested -

If you can swing the coin the SPUHR will be everything you want and a bag of tater chips.

I have only handled the SPUHR mounts and they are absolutely like jewelry. Beautifully made.

However if you are mounting on an AR the cantilevered scope mounts offer the ability get the scope a little farther forward for a more comfortable cheekweld.

Personally I prefer the Larue on an AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only handled the SPUHR mounts and they are absolutely like jewelry. Beautifully made.

However if you are mounting on an AR the cantilevered scope mounts offer the ability get the scope a little farther forward for a more comfortable cheekweld.

Personally I prefer the Larue on an AR. </div></div>

Spuhr makes a cantilevered mount.

Seems like mostly actually stays with non cantilevers for 7,62 guns. Have sold a number of those mounts for use on HK417 for military/police use.
34375_468058004407_680984407_6486115_7472227_n.jpg

For those prefering the cantilevers we now have new version of this, where the rear extension is protuding approx 1,2" less
154441_10150126308139408_680984407_7967202_6997255_n.jpg

Håkan

This is probably a dumb question - but both the spuhr and the SPR mount from larue will mount on the REPR's rail system correct? I dont see any reason why it wouldnt? Also, both systems as long as I go 34mm should accomidate my premier correct?

Thanks again for the quick replies guys.

J.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only handled the SPUHR mounts and they are absolutely like jewelry. Beautifully made.

Personally I prefer the Larue on an AR. </div></div>

Spuhr makes a cantilevered mount. </div></div>

That is news to me....I had not seen the cantilever before. They are shockingly beautiful. Back to saving pennies and robbing wishing wells.

Hakan,

The space for the turret block appears too short for a USO TPAL, what is the distance between the rings?

As long as it's a picatinny mount, yes it'll all fit. You also have to consider mount height too, get one too low and the bell will hit the barrel, get one too high and it might affect your cheek weld.

I personally run the LaRue, just make sure you get the correct ring diameter for whichever mount you choose. Either mounts are top notch quality.

I personally have the Larue SPR mount for my AR and it works just fine. I like the minimalist design compared to the SPUHR.

Though the SPUHR looks beautiful, it also looks chunky. It seems it would be heavier than the Larue. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Could be a factor if your going for lighter weight.

Hope you dont mind if I borrow this thread;

I am looking for a 20moa onepiece ring/mount that will fit a NF NXS 3.5-15X56 on a MIRS rail (McCann Industries picatinny rail).
It will mount to a .338LM, preferrably as low as possible on the rail.

Håkan Spuhr;
how much would your onepiece mount for this setup cost, preferrably with the level bubble?
And do you have any vendors in Norway, or would I have to swing by Sweden?
smile.gif

If anyone have other suggestions, feel free to chime in.

john - out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">tvnc.com </span></div></div>

TNVC