• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics torture test vid

eddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
NoVa
Last year, someone posted a video where they beat the hell out of 3 different scopes. I want to say they were a Tasco, Bushnell and an US Optics, but I am probably wrong. At the end, he was hitting the Tasco and the US Optics together to see which one would break first. The only damage to the US Optics was a cracked lens, stuck mag ring, and some cosmetic damage. I tried to find it and couldn't remember the name for the life of me, and one of my friends doesn't really appreciate the durability high end equipment.

Anyone have a link?

Re: Optics torture test vid

I can remember USO doing some crazy things but I haven't seen it in a while either. Dragging it behind the boat like an anchor was funny for water tightness. Driving the truck over a TPAL that was spread on 4x4's was one

Tent-stakes, scope-on-scope, etc.....
I don't recall who that was and cannot find the thread.
I do remember watching it, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanna puke. </div></div>

I hear ya..

Be neat if they did it while it was mounted on a rifle and see how long it stayed zereod...

Lovely. If I used my scope as a hammer it might even be a relevant test. As it is, it just makes me a little nauseous.

Why? It's an inanimate object....?

Not really that impressive. If they mounted the USO on a rifle too see how well it held zero, that would be more telling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some people have too much <span style="text-decoration: line-through">time</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">money</span> on their hands </div></div>

Fixed it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ukdave28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpO8X4E_9vs&feature=player_embedded </div></div>

sick.gif

I have not seen this in a good while, Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHWILL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88ewpwPTA6Q </div></div>

At least that one shows its still useable. I'm hard on gear, but I'm not going to abuse it on purpose.